Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Piqué: I Want To Play Every Week

Source: Goal.com
Manchester United defender Gerard Piqué has revealed that he may have to leave Old Trafford to be guaranteed a starting berth every week. Although his recent run in the first-team has alleviated his immediate short term concerns, the defender has hinted that his future may lie elsewhere.

Sir Alex Ferguson has top-quality cover in every position but his third choice central defender has admitted to being frustrated at having to continually kick his heels on the bench.

Of late, as a result of Nemanja Vidic's injury, the Catalonian has filled the breach at the heart of United's resolute defence. “I was a bit upset, but it seems that something has now changedâ€, he told setantasports.com.

However, his appearances have been extremely limited at Old Trafford, and to date he has played more times for Real Zaragoza (on loan) than he has for his paymasters.

Recently, Piqué has been linked with a return to his native Barcelona but he remains unaware of any concrete offers from the Catalan giants. He said: “I don't know about Barcelona's interest. The Spanish Press know more about those stories than me.â€

Crucially, the 21 year old's long term future is not formally set at Old Trafford, with his current deal expiring next summer.

Of his frustrations, Piqué declared: “I don't know how long I can wait before I play every week,†he said. “This year has been difficult as I want to play more.â€

Piqué has insisted that he has made no decision regarding his future, but admitted that he is mulling over his options; “My contract with United ends in 2009, so I have lenty of time to think.â€

1 - 1 of 1 Posts