Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 huge home games against Inter and Liverpool gives us an opportunity to make the quarter finals of the Champions League and to effectively kill off our most hated rivals in the title race. We've seen how our team performs in big games at Old Trafford, the motivation for each of the two games are clear as it goes way beyond the earlier stated aims. We have a score to settle with Mourinho AND Benitez so if you will be attending either or both games, sing your heart out till the last minute and cheer the boys onto what would be 2 crucial wins.

Come On UNITED

·
Registered
238 Posts
yh great week of football for the reds but i dont think we need to send out a message every1 knows how good we are.

i had to make the choice about 5 weeks ago to attend the inter game or liverpool, i choose liverpool and can't wait :)

might be a tence night on wendsday though if we dont start well

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
There was good news for United on the eve of the Champions League clash with Internazionale as Rio Ferdinand was passed fit to start the match.

The 30-year-old defensive lynchpin injured his ankle at Fulham in Saturday's FA Cup tie, and there had been concerns over his availability for Wednesday's crunch game.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ferdinand's fitness at his Tuesday lunch-time press conference. Rio is now expected to partner Nemanja Vidic, who was suspended for the first leg in Milan, in the heart of United's defence.

The United boss also declared John O'Shea to be ready. The Irishman has been nursing a heel injury of late but he also trained on Tuesday morning.

Sir Alex said: "Ferdinand and O'Shea trained today for the first time (since Saturday's match at Fulham). Both are fit and both will play."

Players absent from the first-team session at United's training headquarters were Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Rafael and Zoran Tosic who is ineligible anyway.

The squad in full training at Carrington on Tuesday morning was as follows:

Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Evans, O'Shea, Eckersley; Ronaldo, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani; Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Welbeck.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
the win for liverpool will really give them a shot in the arm ahead of saturday. its a must win game for them if they want to keep their lingering hopes of an elusive title alive. as its a must win game i would expect them to have an attacking mentality in this one, or play on the counter.

another factor is the extra days rest they have on us and the fact they had the game against real won by half time and could afford to take off their stars early. the worst thing i can think of regarding inter is going into extra time.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wouldnt it be great if we can do a Roma over Inter. It would send big message and Id love to hear Mourinho squirm.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wouldnt it be great if we can do a Roma over Inter. It would send big message and Id love to hear Mourinho squirm.
He will say just something like this:

We were the better side. I am the best manager ;)

We don't need to send chilling messages. They all know we are the best :first:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts