Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS WOULD BE THE BEST TITLE TO WIN OR WORST TO LOSE, this is because of one reason and thats Liverpool. If we do go on to win the title just ahead of liverpool it will feel so sweet, but if the worst happened and liverpool pipped us it would be unbearable for utd fans.

·
23,699 Posts
THIS WOULD BE THE BEST TITLE TO WIN OR WORST TO LOSE, this is because of one reason and thats Liverpool. If we do go on to win the title just ahead of liverpool it will feel so sweet, but if the worst happened and liverpool pipped us it would be unbearable for utd fans.
And so? We must win and not lose? :blink:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Not really.

It will be the "best" title to win, because we make it 18. (Not 11 as you may think :rolleyes: )
It will be the "worst" title to lose, because it means we won't be on 18, and Liverpool will go up to 19 (or the more likely Chelsea wins it).

However, the 2007, 1993, 1999, or 1967 titles could all be considered more important that this years.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree it would be the worst for many reasons. Liverpool would have broken their duck and our two pathetic performances against them would have cost us the title. We would look back at the 6 goals they scored against us and wonder how they beat us so easily without barely a wimper.

United would lose their superiority factor over Liverpool and the scousers would start taking about having knocked us of our b****dy perch.

However , it's not likely to happen. The thought of it will drive us on and Liverpool will just get nervous if they get too close to the top. I'm looking forward to some kind of reaction. Fulham away now becomes probably the single most important game for us all season. A bit like Arsenal at home (FA CUP) was last season. There's every reason to be positive - just not complacent.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
If we lost to Liverpool, then yes, it would be the worst year to lose because of the whole 18-18 thing compared to 17-19.

If we lost to Chelsea then it wouldn't be the worst to lose, and neither would it be as important as 1993, 1999 and 2007, which were the 3 most important wins of recent times, perhaps ever.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Lets be honest, i've said this all season, especially when they were 7 points clear, liverpool aren't gonna win the league, they do well against the top clubs but they draw too many games and lose to some ***** teams eg Middlesbrough. Chelsea are the only team who can stop us and as we have already played them twice they'd need a lot of luck. Next ten games i think/hope united will win at least 7, whereas Liverpool will draw 5 of their last games and Chelsea are going to lose before the end of the season and it'll be interesting to see how their squad respond to that.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
And also 1993 was the sweetest title to win and 95 was the hardest to lose, though i was 4 and 6 when those took place so 1999 was the sweetest for me because we showed those arrogant cockney b*stards that no one could stop us.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
If we lost to Liverpool, then yes, it would be the worst year to lose because of the whole 18-18 thing compared to 17-19.

If we lost to Chelsea then it wouldn't be the worst to lose, and neither would it be as important as 1993, 1999 and 2007, which were the 3 most important wins of recent times, perhaps ever.
agreed, but I doubt the scousers will succeed.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If we lost the title to Liverpool it would take me a long time to get over it. We're in pole position and must not let it slip.

Back in 1992 catching the dippers league title record seemed like a pipedream. Now we are so close I can almost feel it. The Premiership era has been incredible for us but the most satisfying thing would be to see us equal Liverpool...before leaving them trailing in our wake!!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
it would certainly hurt us the most to lose this title especially to liverpool because this is the title that can equal their record , but surely that win in 93 was the most important especially for all the older utd fans {26 years is a bloody long time}.
and if it wasn't for that breakthru in 93 most of the younger posters on these forums would'nt even support utd ,that was the year we rose from the ashe's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts