Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Newcastle with all these new signings an actual threat to us retaining our crown. Big Sam is capable

·
Registered
89 Posts
I personally think it will still be a top two with Pool a bit closer, Arsenal have some serious work to do before August 11th to get back into title challenge mode.

What I will say though is that many teams bought well this summer, Spurs and Newcastle, Villa look ok, Bolton should be strong, likewise Everton. The bottom line is that I feel that it will be a lower points total that wins the league, can see the top sides dropping more points this year than last, the mid-table will be just as tight as before.

Newcastle have done well to get Big Sam but he has a few years ahead of him there clearing out the poor players and even poorer attitude at that club, I think they'll be top half but no better. Spurs are far more likely to push Arsenal for 4th, if they get Curtis Davies and keep Defoe, they will have a strong squad (possibly stronger than Arsenal)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Newcastle will no doubt have a very strong season compared to last . They will Def improve, and have a very strong attacking line up in Owen, Martins and Viduka. If they Keep Owen fit he'll be on or around the 20 league goal mark for sure. But a threat for the title?? Absolutely categorically no chance in hell. top 8, maybe top 6.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can see Chelsea coming 3rd this season :D The players they're bought are average, Malouda looks decent but won't solve the self destructing Ego problems Chelsea have :p They've got the same problem real madrid had a few years back, heads to big for the changing rooms

Newcastle will push Arsenal and Tottenham for the 4th Spot, with a good manager like big Sam at the helm, it'll make the world of difference, i couldn't stand that limp wristed donkey that used to be in charge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts