Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While seeing the Derby game today, for the 100th time I was upset at the way we were throwing the ball into play. This problem has been around in United for a while now and I feel that it IS affecting our play. I mean, when you have a throw-in you are in possession of the ball, but it seems like half the time our team throws the ball onto the field, the opponent is always the first to get to it. The other half of the time, when our player touches the ball first, he gives it away.

How about moving around a bit, lads? The ironic thing, as well, is that our opponents always keep possession of the ball when THEY have a throw in. I wish someone would pass this on to the gaffer and at least try to practice this more-or-less straightforward, but, nevertheless, a rather important aspect of the game.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Strange one this and its not something the players would work on as much imo.
I think you have a point, a few throw ins went astray. I feel it would be better if
they threw the ball direct to the players feet and then one-two'd it back to the
throw taker OR just throw it back to a defender and start the attack again.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Also, does anyone else notice the amount of foul throws every week in the league!!! Referees never do anything though.

In relation to this thread, It is imperatif that a team keeps possession from a throw in unless it's a long throw or a throw into the box.

To consistently lose possession from a short throw in to feet is school-boy stuff and should be amended.

Usually caused by a lack of concentration which I'm sure there was among the players today, who felt that they were just in for a training match.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
When we have Nev's in the team its as if we have a free corner if the Thow in is in the right position.
Because he ca throw well.
But i agree foul throws are pretty much schoolboy errors.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
sphinx said:
While seeing the Derby game today, for the 100th time I was upset at the way we were throwing the ball into play. This problem has been around in United for a while now and I feel that it IS affecting our play. I mean, when you have a throw-in you are in possession of the ball, but it seems like half the time our team throws the ball onto the field, the opponent is always the first to get to it. The other half of the time, when our player touches the ball first, he gives it away.

How about moving around a bit, lads? The ironic thing, as well, is that our opponents always keep possession of the ball when THEY have a throw in. I wish someone would pass this on to the gaffer and at least try to practice this more-or-less straightforward, but, nevertheless, a rather important aspect of the game.

Cheers.

I have realised that in some of our games! Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it Fabregas who scored at the Emierates this season vs Man United from a bad throw in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts