Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything must reach saturation point with it's price ...

A point where you have made it so expensive - it just wont sell !

So what do you guys think is saturation point for Manchester United tickets out of
interest ?

As I said before, in a league table of ticket prices United are 10th most expensive.

Teams like Reading and Chelsea, Spurs and Portsmouth charge a lot more than
United.

I think you would agree United is the best team to watch right now.

It's quite safe to say Old Trafford is the best stadium by far.

What I mean is, if you go to see United play - you are getting the best of the
best. You have the best players in front of you. You are surrounded by the best
facilities money can buy......

At United you get the best of the best and pay less than the rest.

You have "League Champions Entertainment" at "10th place" prices.

So tell me ...

What is a fair price ?

How much do you think you should pay ?

Bear in mind the salaries alone stand at £100 Million per annum.

This represents 43% of United's income - which is actually quite low considering
United forecast 50% income expenditure for salaries - but that's another story.

Also bear in mind that every football club is a business and they always have
been.

They need cash to operate - obviously - and they must balance the books to
make a profit or go out of existance.

This is not a 'modern phenomenon' that suddenly since Sky TV turned up, or
American owners turned up, all of a sudden football is a business. It always has
been and always will be.

So pretend you are the owner of United - you have to get the very best players
here, or the fans will turn on you.

You have to make the best stadium or they will give you a hard time.

They want the best manager and best coaches.

A new training ground with all the modern hi-tech equipment.

Oh and 1st class flights all over Europe along with penthouse accomodation in
hotels on arrival. The best quality catering and hospitality packages for the
players.

Oh while we're on the subject add on 220 staff inside the stadium to keep it
running smoothly.

You need to give £3 million every year to charity.

Then there are a few extras like security, policing, outside catering, huge
overheads on the stadium from Manchester City Council (councils always punish
business people for taxes ;) ) and God only knows what other expenditure to
keep United at the top where the fans demand they should be.

Don't forget also ... every single one of the above costs will go up and up, year in
year out - as do prices of everything else.

Yes it is expensive isn't it ?

The game has changed over the last 5 years alone, never mind 20, 30 and 50
years !

Time waits for no one.

Times change ... you either keep up with it or you drop by the wayside it's as
simple as that !!

As the owner, having paid all that cash out - can you see your way to just
charging the same price you did back in errmmmm maybe 1980 or 1982 ....

We'd appreciate that thanks ... ;)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Unsure, but its totalling £57m gross a year, not counting FA Cup, CC cup and CL home games. AND an away percentage too.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
The London based clubs charge more for ticket prices because the London income is much higher than those which earn in the North. Londoners are richer than Mancunians based on income. Well known fact, as it costs more to live in London than the North.

So you can't really count being "10th" as a good thing.

Carly, from what I've read from your post, it seems you are pleased about the high ticket prices. How?

Thousands of reds, who have been attending United since the barren years and before that, have been priced out and cannot attend United games because of the price hikes.

14% increase last season, carley. 14%. Explain that. More price hikes expected and predicted for this season.

Oh, and where did you copy this from?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stephen said:
The London based clubs charge more for ticket prices because the London income is much higher than those which earn in the North. Londoners are richer than Mancunians based on income. Well known fact, as it costs more to live in London than the North.

Carly, from what I've read from your post, it seems you are pleased about the high ticket prices. How?

Thousands of reds, who have been attending United since the barren years and before that, have been priced out and cannot attend United games because of the price hikes.

14% increase last season, carley. 14%. Explain that. More price hikes expected and predicted for this season.

I don't have any views on the prices - I don't know how they work it out - I just wrote this as a bit of fun and to ask a serious question that's all ... :)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I don't have any views on the prices - I don't know how they work it out - I just wrote this as a bit of fun and to ask a serious question that's all ... :)
Bit of fun to ask a serious question?

How can you make fun of the topic of this?

Like someone else said elsewhere; "it doesn't affect me, I don't care."

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
No need to argue over it, it solves nothing. Carly has made a point. I too am one frozen out of OT over prices hikes, I cannot afford it anymore.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stephen said:
Bit of fun to ask a serious question?

How can you make fun of the topic of this?

Like someone else said elsewhere; "it doesn't affect me, I don't care."
Oh here we go again - moan, moan, moan. Look I told you why I wrote this - if you don't like it go away !! Read a different thread. Simple. Thankyou.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Oh here we go again - moan, moan, moan. Look I told you why I wrote this - if you don't like it go away !! Read a different thread. Simple. Thankyou.
Moan, Moan, Moan?!

What you gonna do, close the thread again 'cos it isn't supporting the point you made?

Or you gonna ban me, because I have an opinion? My OWN opinion?

I "moan" over threads that I feel are quite close to me; I couldn't give two wags over Giggs going to Sunderland because it's never going to happen in a million years.

Ticket prices have affected the majority of United's support over the past few decades, and no doubt more and more of United's support is gonna be priced out of paying £50-a-week per ticket.

This gets back to the Glazer family takeover, which has ripped the soul of United in two.

Moan? What do you expect me to do? Agree with yet another thread full of bull?

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Stephen said:

whenever you go abroad the place is filled with northerners with cash to burn coz they paid far less for the house they live in beer is cheaper everything costs less yet wages do not differ that much though . football pricing is now aligned with a night out at the theatre . we can whine and moan as much as we like the only way prices will drop is if players take huge wage cuts . if club did that they would be off to milan or barca etc . we can debate this till cows come home and it will change nowt . as carly said prices are average while product is great . and why are people digging about copying and pasting ? if a post is interesting why should you care if the poster didnt type it ?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You accuse ME of being pleased about it.

You ask ME why the 14% increase ...

You ask ME where I copied it from.

It's not about me - or the style I wrote it in - or if I copy/pasted it.

Stick to the topic .. I wrote it in a light hearted manner because I chose to.

As I said to you already - if you don't like it - go away and read something else.

Obviously not so simple as you didn't understand first time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My season ticket equates to about £25 per match , it is in the lower stretford end , this is great value for money.
But united just keep upping the prices as and when they feel like it , they go up for every round in the champions league etc , i dont think they need to do that , by virtue of the fact its another sell out and another home match they do not need to hike the price up.
last year with the cup runs it cost me well over a grand (my ticket was twice the price) that was expensive .
next year i think they are going to charge us all for 6 cup matches in advance when we renew our tickets at the start of next season, which is total robbery.
the compulsory purchase scheme was bad enough , but now they are taking the p**s .
The old scheme was okay , i could choose what matches i wanted and apply for them , this used to give other reds a chance to see united who otherwise wouldnt.
Anyway carly sorry about the moaning , but it is a touchy subject with all united supporters

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
haggler said:
whenever you go abroad the place is filled with northerners with cash to burn coz they paid far less for the house they live in beer is cheaper everything costs less yet wages do not differ that much though . football pricing is now aligned with a night out at the theatre . we can whine and moan as much as we like the only way prices will drop is if players take huge wage cuts . if club did that they would be off to milan or barca etc . we can debate this till cows come home and it will change nowt . as carly said prices are average while product is great . and why are people digging about copying and pasting ? if a post is interesting why should you care if the poster didnt type it ?
Because whenever we copy/paste something we get crucified for it, saying that the forum could get into trouble. One rule for one, another for another.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
You accuse ME of being pleased about it.

You ask ME why the 14% increase ...

You ask ME where I copied it from.

It's not about me - or the style I wrote it in - or if I copy/pasted it.

Stick to the topic .. I wrote it in a light hearted manner because I chose to.

As I said to you already - if you don't like it - go away and read something else.

Obviously not so simple as you didn't understand first time :rolleyes:
Becuase you made the thread thinking you know it all.

By saying "it doesn't affect me, so I don't care" was not what I think. It's what is the general thoughts around certain places and people. I care about United fans, we're all red, we're all one, we're all in the United family.

Light-hearted? The topic is not light-hearted at all.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stephen said:
Becuase you made the thread thinking you know it all.

By saying "it doesn't affect me, so I don't care" was not what I think. It's what is the general thoughts around certain places and people. I care about United fans, we're all red, we're all one, we're all in the United family.

Light-hearted? The topic is not light-hearted at all.
I made the thread so people can discuss it. I used the facts I knew of course.
Everything else I didn't know - I asked for people to comment on. You assuming
I wrote it "knowing it all" is something you have decided and certainly not what I
felt as I wrote it.

"It doesn't affect me, so I don't care" - you seem to have voices inside your
head !! Can you do me the small favour of showing me where I wrote that
please ?

Did I say the topic is light hearted ?

No. Sorry wrong again.

Did I say I wrote it in alight hearted manner ?

Yes I did.

Now stop making up silly little arguments inside your head - grow up and stick to
the topic.

For the THIRD time - if you don't like it - go away and read something else.

This/you are getting very, very boring now !

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Stephen said:
Because whenever we copy/paste something we get crucified for it, saying that the forum could get into trouble. One rule for one, another for another.
good point well made. as i have never cut or pasted anything bar jokes i havent been warned not to . and the point i think is if everything went up at the rate of 16 per cent we would be stringing brown up . the anger also stems from the niggling thought that its being used to finance the debt for the glazers and if we were a plc they would not rise as much . when you look at the latest tv deal they should be letting fans in for nothing

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I made the thread so people can discuss it. I used the facts I knew of course.
Everything else I didn't know - I asked for people to comment on. You assuming
I wrote it "knowing it all" is something you have decided and certainly not what I
felt as I wrote it.

"It doesn't affect me, so I don't care" - you seem to have voices inside your
head !! Can you do me the small favour of showing me where I wrote that
please ?

Did I say the topic is light hearted ?

No. Sorry wrong again.

Did I say I wrote it in alight hearted manner ?

Yes I did.

Now stop making up silly little arguments inside your head - grow up and stick to
the topic.

For the THIRD time - if you don't like it - go away and read something else.

This/you are getting very, very boring now !
What's getting very boring?

Me having an opinion?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
haggler said:
good point well made. as i have never cut or pasted anything bar jokes i havent been warned not to . and the point i think is if everything went up at the rate of 16 per cent we would be stringing brown up . the anger also stems from the niggling thought that its being used to finance the debt for the glazers and if we were a plc they would not rise as much . when you look at the latest tv deal they should be letting fans in for nothing
Exactly, agree 100%.

The problem with supporting a club of this stature and size of MUFC is that for every fan that gets priced-out/leaves, then there is ALWAYS someone else to step in.

Which is why no boycott or any anti-ticket price-rise protests will work. There are too many people who go United nowadays who haven't a clue what United stand for, or stand on.

Sad really.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stephen said:
What's getting very boring?

Me having an opinion?
Sadly the 'opinion' as you put it - that you have, has nothing to do with the
thread.

It's just a non-stop stream of "assumptions" and words you are trying to put into
my mouth.

You're guessing, making it up as you go, making odd accusations etc etc ...

Now that is very boring.

I'll make it even simpler for you.

Ignore my first post.

I'll rewrite you your own 'special' version here. One you can't moan and whinge about.

Here we go ...

Ticket Prices.

Let's talk about it.

There you go, how's that ?

Really interesting and fun to read I'm sure you agree.

This forum even gives Personalised threads too ... ;)

Pretty damn good huh

1 - 20 of 48 Posts