Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hull City have agreed a fee with Fulham for midfielder Jimmy Bullard, Sky Sports News understands.

The Tigers are believed to have lodged an offer of £5million for Bullard, who has found himself part of Fabio Capello's England squad over the past season.

However, Fulham are not keen to offer Bullard fresh terms as he has 18-months remaining on his current deal.

A number of clubs have been alerted to Bullard's situation and earlier this month Bolton failed with a bid.

Tottenham, Middlesbrough and Sunderland have also been strongly linked, but now Phil Brown has made his move and he will be looking to seal a quick deal.

It remains to be seen if The Tigers can persuade the 30-year-old former Wigan star to move to The KC Stadium.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4834119,00.html

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
That is a strange one. Fulham are a better team and could probably offer him more money. I think he is a great player and could play for a good club. He would start for Villa instead of Petrov IMO.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
one of my favorite players and probably the most liked player in the premiership!major signing for hull and at 5 mill is a bargin

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He'll be a great signing at a great price.

He's out of contract in a year, and there were doubts that he wasn't going to sign a new contract, so it looks like Fulham are just trying to get some money for him.

He's a very good player, and has a great personality. He'll certainly improve the Hull midfield.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Anybody else think Hull have made the best two bargain signings of the season? Manucho & now maybe Bullard.

Who said the January window was for rich clubs only?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
marty davidson said:
Good signing for Hull. I though he would have to a bigger club than Hull
yeah I thought the same thing, would have thought he would have much rather signed for villa instead of hull but who knows.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Great buy for Hull and should do well there. I expect a good season finish for Hull with Bullard on their side now. Fulham have been playing great football lately considering they did beat Arsenal and draw vs Chelsea and Liverpoo and that is why I never thought our game in hand against them will be a certain 3 points but now with Bullard one of their main players gone lets see how they respond. To me he was what Carrick was to Spurs before we took him so lets see who Fulham replaces him with.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Bullard is an average to good player at best, and 5mil for a player of his quality going on 31yrs old is it's by no means a bargin.
Don't let Man Cities stupid transfer shenanigans fool you. If it was City ok but Hull could use a loan signing or spend it more wisely. Although 40mil to stay in the top flight is a good tease for any Club or manager.
Phil Brown has brought alot of experience to the side with Boateng and more recently Finnin and Kilbane, all who are nice steady players, so why not invest in some youth, Giles Barnes or Own Garvan type players would be hungry and eager to please in the prem, also better term investments.
Roy Hodgson is no mug, he is wise in the transfer market. If Jimmy is as good as you all say he is.... then why is he willing to let him go? It's hardly to futher his career as Fulham have become a solid team ATM.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
lmao who is Finnin and if your talking about "Steve Finnan" then wrong, he did not sign for Hull.

But yeah lets just wait and see how Hull and Bullard go and reserve our comments till the off season ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I still think Hull may go down, but Bullard is a quality player and should do well for them. Bit puzzled to why he left though, only logical explanation is that the contract he got from Fulham was pretty crap whereas Hull offered him more money and a lengthier contract :confused: 5 million isn't too bad either for Hodgson considering Bullard is 30/31 or whatever.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
I still think Hull may go down, but Bullard is a quality player and should do well for them. Bit puzzled to why he left though, only logical explanation is that the contract he got from Fulham was pretty crap whereas Hull offered him more money and a lengthier contract :confused: 5 million isn't too bad either for Hodgson considering Bullard is 30/31 or whatever.
You could say that. Fulham didn't offer Bullard a contract extension. They just felt he wasn't worth a new deal I suppose.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
5m is really a bargain for Bullard.

I'd pay 2.5m just for being the most like person in the Prem ! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts