Manchester United Talk banner

Time Differences, Champions League & Free to Air TV

672 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sparkic 
#1 ·
Hey I just saw the thread about Sky getting all the champions League matches and I started to wonder. In Sydney we don't get any domestic football league coverage whatsoever, even our own A-League. That's all done by Foxtel, a Pay TV cable service. In the UK do you get Premiership coverage on free to air? If so is it just Premiership or do you get all the big five European leagues on TV? Also just out of curiosity what time do you view Champions League matches, say in England? In Sydney However the time difference between Australia and Europe means during the group stages I watch Champions League from 4:30am to 9:00am on Wednesdays because SBS shows one match live then shows another match from the same group straight after, delayed kickoff. Anyhow I then go to University straight away! I'm completely buggered and I sleep through the whole bus ride and have to be woken by the driver! Almost 5 hours of football and I'm delirious the whole way having woken at quarter past 4. Ah well, it's worth it. :) I'd be interested to hear what you say.

#2 ·
Yeah man I live in Melbourne and I know what you mean. I cannot wait till the daylight savings happen because then games start at 4:45am KO and end by 7am and I leave the house to go to school at 7:30am. At the moment the games start live at 6:45 and I can only watch the 1st half. So even if its earlier when daylight savings happen which means I got to wake up earlier I am happier because I can watch the whole game lol And yeah I know exactly what you mean about the sleeping thing! I fall asleep on the train and miss my stop and I then gota take the train back to my stop and rush to school or I fall asleep on the tram and the tram driver has to wake me up and I always fall asleep in class but ANYTHING FOR MANU UNITED!

Well I used to live in Europe and the Champions League games start at 7:45 pm in local English time and it used to start 8:45pm where I used to live: Croatia. Umm when I visited London EPL games were just like here in Australia, only on pay tv. Im not 100% sure about Champions League because I wasn't there during that time. When I was in Croatia Champions League TV was free just like it is on SBS in Australia and also DSF is free which is the German provider. I had a satillite dish which let me watch Champions League for free on Italia 1 I think (not 100% sure).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.