Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kuszczak wasn't convincing tonight and I don't think I'd trust him as first choice. Foster is Injured too often and also wouldn't be reliable enough so what do we do when Van der Sar reires. He will more than likely hang up the boots next season so what do we do then?

Who would be best option to replace him??

·
U N I T E D United Are The Team For Me
186 Posts
When Fosters fit, he looks a good keeper. However, you are right.. he has too many injuries. I feel Kuszczak is a good keeper. Maybe he just had a poor game tonight?

On the question of who could replace Van Der Sar.... I dont have a clue!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
think except for vidic, the defence didnt look good tonight and if your keeper and lack confidence in your back 4 then it affects your own performance.

defence sat too deep at times and gave derby way too much space around the edge of the box (the goal being the classic example).

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
VDS is still the man for this season and next. I have full faith in him.
Over the next season and a half, Foster and Kuz will get their chances
and when they do they need to take them. Then and only then, will we know
if they can cut it at United. Im confident Foster will get the No1 shirt in 2 years.
PIG is a very able deputy, but that is all.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Unlike some other members of the squad Kuz has had some brilliant games and the save he made after 6 mins was very Schmeichal-esq.Im in no way comparing him but i think the keeper spot is one of the harder to retain as there are few chances in a season for the 2nd/3rd keeper to break through,especially with VDS as competition.Im sure like many others fergie will have full faith in Kuzzy & Foster will be right on him if he can hold off the injuries,it be a shame to become the Louis Saha of the net!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Definitely need one for the future. Maybe in a year or two Adler or Akinfeev could be ready for the bright lights of OT.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
This man has so much experience in the CL with PSV. Almost every game he was MOTM. You think he is not a good goalkeepr just because some bad saves this season , don't you?

Some info about him:

In his first season, PSV immediately reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League, where in the 14 attempts before, PSV wasn't able to reach the second round.

Gomes achieved a great amount while at PSV. He has the record for highest percentage of clean sheets in the Eredivisie, with him keeping a clean sheet in 60% of his league games for PSV.

In his first season in Holland, Gomes went 16 hours and 11 minutes without conceding a goal. In the same season, Gomes went on another run without conceding any goals, this time he didn't concede a goal in 817 minutes. In his third season, 2006–07, he had again a notable streak. Gomes didn't concede in 956 minutes, which eventually played a huge part in PSV's surprise capture of the championship title.

Do you still think it is a joke ?

And just a question : Have you ever seen any of his games in the CL ?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
always an overreaction after a defeat or a draw, its a guarantee.

as for a keeper , shay given would do a great job for us , he has been fantastic considering he has had awful defenders in front of him for ten years at newcastle.

·
Registered
238 Posts
lets just look forward to sunday were we can hit back in style like we often do

does any1 no if rio is back for chelsea coz i wouldnt trust evans, altough he did do a good job at the bridge

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
This man has so much experience in the CL with PSV. Almost every game he was MOTM. You think he is not a good goalkeepr just because some bad saves this season , don't you?

Some info about him:

In his first season, PSV immediately reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League, where in the 14 attempts before, PSV wasn't able to reach the second round.

Gomes achieved a great amount while at PSV. He has the record for highest percentage of clean sheets in the Eredivisie, with him keeping a clean sheet in 60% of his league games for PSV.

In his first season in Holland, Gomes went 16 hours and 11 minutes without conceding a goal. In the same season, Gomes went on another run without conceding any goals, this time he didn't concede a goal in 817 minutes. In his third season, 2006–07, he had again a notable streak. Gomes didn't concede in 956 minutes, which eventually played a huge part in PSV's surprise capture of the championship title.

Do you still think it is a joke ?

And just a question : Have you ever seen any of his games in the CL ?
Yes, but I have also seen him in the prem this season unfortunately.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The thing that drives me nuts about Kuz is his distribution of the ball and igniting the offense. Maybe it is just his lack of experience and he will get better. Maybe being spoiled by VDS over the past couple of years but the transitions seems a lot slower when Kuz is out there.

Of course tonight what was he going to do give the ball faster to Nani??

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't think this is an over-reaction thread.

The fact is that Edwin van der Sar is 38 and Kuszczak will never be our number 1.

There's nothing in our performances to suggest he could be number 1 for us someday.

Foster seemes to be in no-man's land, so who is going to be our future number 1? To me it's not so silly to be thinking about this topic.

Ben Foster was supposed to be the heir apparent, but two years after his great season at Watford and he still can't get a game. OK, he had a year off with injury and recently had an ankle injury, but he hasn't been featuring and when he did looked nowhere near his best against Celtic.

So if you're Fergie, do you go go into next season with a 39 year=old keeper and 2 unproven keepers? One of whom looks to be only good enough to be a backup?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Im sorry but any one who thinks Kuszczak is good enough for United has to be crazy you can have your view but he isnt even a good number 2.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
red dave said:
Im sorry but any one who thinks Kuszczak is good enough for United has to be crazy you can have your view but he isnt even a good number 2.
The same can be said about Ben Foster. He's got the talant to play PL football but as it looks if he wants to play at OT he have to come with the visiting team.

Kusz or/and Foster could be decent back up keepers but not a championship winning keeper.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
thekeanefella said:
being a good keeper in holland is like being a good keeper in scotland .

not very good.
I am talking about being a good keeper in Champions League. And most of the games in Holland end with at least 2-3 goals. So it is really impressive to have 60 % clean sheets. Most of the teams play attacking football , not like in Scotland. Most of the members here underrate him because of his current form. Just because you have one bad season doesn't make you a bad goalkeeper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts