Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Gomes is definitely a world class shot stopper. However his all round game isn't up to scratch.

Anybody here heard of David De Gea? He's very young & I think he plays for Atletico Madrid's reserves.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
His cross taking ability makes Gomez look stable and as for the kicking wow !!

The P.I.G has only one talent shot stopping .

I think the only position you cant cover for on a pitch is the keeper you have a bad keeper your in trouble and he isnt United standard.

That said I will always throw my support behind him when he is in a United shirt.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
red dave said:
His cross taking ability makes Gomez look stable and as for the kicking wow !!

The P.I.G has only one talent shot stopping .

I think the only position you cant cover for on a pitch is the keeper you have a bad keeper your in trouble and he isnt United standard.

That said I will always throw my support behind him when he is in a United shirt.
Shot stopping is a necessity for a good goalkeeper but to be fair most of his other attributes could improve with experience but I would still rather see another Gk bought in.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Toybos said:
Shot stopping is a necessity for a good goalkeeper but to be fair most of his other attributes could improve with experience but I would still rather see another Gk bought in.

Buffon , Casillas , Cech , Reina and even young Hart of city started there careers alot earlier and they didnt need further training with kicking or dealing with crosses .

Some things are just natural as a footballer from goalkeeper to attacker and that natural thing is Kicking a ball if you cant kick a ball you shouldnt be in the game .

The key to a good goalkeeper is not only his shot stopping but his distrabution and Kuszczaks is god damn terrible .

Players arnt sure whether to come short for the ball or push forward , on crossing he isnt sure whether he is coming and going . And when he does come the player always over powers him he never goes right through a player for the ball .

He aint all bad but he is the future number one then we are in for some calamity moments I tell you .

I would prefer Alumunia in the sticks to be honest . And as for Ben Foster what is this saying for him I know he has been injured alot but if you cant displace Kuszcsak you cant displace nobody .

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
red dave said:
Buffon , Casillas , Cech , Reina and even young Hart of city started there careers alot earlier and they didnt need further training with kicking or dealing with crosses .

Some things are just natural as a footballer from goalkeeper to attacker and that natural thing is Kicking a ball if you cant kick a ball you shouldnt be in the game .

The key to a good goalkeeper is not only his shot stopping but his distrabution and Kuszczaks is god damn terrible .

Players arnt sure whether to come short for the ball or push forward , on crossing he isnt sure whether he is coming and going . And when he does come the player always over powers him he never goes right through a player for the ball .

He aint all bad but he is the future number one then we are in for some calamity moments I tell you .

I would prefer Alumunia in the sticks to be honest . And as for Ben Foster what is this saying for him I know he has been injured alot but if you cant displace Kuszcsak you cant displace nobody .
I'm hungry

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I hope it is going to be like when schmeichel left. How many keepers did we go through before van der sar signed. It was part of our downfall after the treble!!
The issue needs to be addressed and I think Fergie should look into signing a GK in summer.
What about the mexican Ochoa, I heard he was linked with us last year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
look remember been a utd keeper is not easy, i bet its easy to lose concentration as normal they dont have alot to do
but then in big games our keepers always tend to flap at easy balls
they called oshea the cat but in a few games at anfield(SCUM) ive seen VDS almost cost us many goals but hes still topps

21 - 28 of 28 Posts