Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We seem to have gone off shape this season. Even some of our earlier wins were thx to strong defence. But is it because of too many injuries or we need a more experienced coach on the bench?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We seem to have gone off shape this season. Even some of our earlier wins were thx to strong defence. But is it because of too many injuries or we need a more experienced coach on the bench?
'Gone off shape'??
Top of the league, Champions of the World, Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup semi finalists, CL quarter finalists.
I think we are doing alright thanks.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
As far as I'm concerned...Mike Phelan is a coach and not an assistant manager. But who's to care when we are winning

·
hates City
2,913 Posts

A more experienced coach? One bad streak and you lose your confidence in Fergie? I wouldn't say that we have gone off shape the WHOLE SEASON, maybe just these last couple of games. :thumbsdownsmileyani

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Phelan has been at the club for ages.

Whatever problems we are having this season are not his fault.

It's more about the older players like Scholes and Neville not hitting the highs often enough (Giggs has put in some effective shifts though) and the youngsters like Anderson and Nani not stepping up either.

Our current position is a product of the defensive shut-out and if anything, good coaching helped that streak.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I think it's undoubtable that there has been a difference
between the way we played last year and the way we're
playing this year, last year we breezed through the Premiership,
were eliminated by Portsmouth in the F.A. Cup due to dubious
refereeing and made it to the Champions League final relatively
comfortably, the only scare being in the Semi Final second leg.

This year, with more or less the same squad we're scraping past
teams that we beat 4-1 last year. If you remember, in 07/08 we
started off scraping 1-0 wins and then, against Wigan, we won
4-0 and went on a scoring spree. This year, it hasn't happened and
when we look at the difference, apart from Piqué, the only person
who has left is Queiroz. I've stated more than once that it's very
hard for us to attribute value to Assistant Managers as we don't
really know how training is done and how much imput they have
with regards to tactics but I can categorically say that I would
have Queiroz back in a second.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
How things change, eh. Is this the same Queiroz who was getting blamed for us playing the boring 4-5-1 crap of 2005.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
sack the lot of them fergie included , this season has been a washout , we are tactically inept and a shadow of the team we once were.
rio , ronaldo , rooney , scholes , giggs , neville, vidic and the rest of that shower of useless cnuts should be sold off.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts