Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have been critical of the 'team' performances so far, I have no doubt that one breakout game could turn things in the right direction.

That could well happen against the baggies!

Signs of improvement have been there over the last few fixtures, there are no significant injuries to speak of, it is now time to turn it on.

Let's go United! :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Rooney is on fire
Berbatov is getting used to the system
Ronaldo is on the way back
Carrick and Hargreaves are back from injury

everything is good the match versus Arsenal is going to be the test for how much we are strong

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Carrick and Hargreaves are back from injury
not yet.
The duo did not train on Friday morning and will miss Saturday's game along with Tuesday's UEFA Champions League tie with Celtic.
and Hargreaves: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4351842,00.html

Last season we kick started our season with a 4-0 win at OT against Wigan in early October, the following 3 results went: 4-1, 4-2, 4-1 and then drew with Arsenal and another 4-0.

So hopefully the same will happen this season, with the game against WBA being our catalyst (if that makes sense lol).

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
moondog said:
Although I have been critical of the 'team' performances so far, I have no doubt that one breakout game could turn things in the right direction.

That could well happen against the baggies!

Signs of improvement have been there over the last few fixtures, there are no significant injuries to speak of, it is now time to turn it on.

Let's go United! :D
It was always going to happen against the Baggies in fairness.
Thats 5 games won on the trot and the form is coming through at last, like MOST
of us had predicted *cough cough* Moondog ;)
Its easy to change your tune after a few games, so less of your critical threads in future please MD :p

·
Registered
293 Posts
the parreles to last season are uncanny. bad start, only 4 points after 4 matches. some scrappy wins then a thrashing of a team which will really begin the season. last year that thrashing was Wigan this year WBA.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^ Unfortunately there won't be any ACN competition and lousy managers to rob Chelsea of points this season.

They just bushed Boro aside and are looking strong despite their injuries.

Team just don't have belief when they play Chelsea. It's kinda scary that teams play with more belief against us than against Chelsea.

We should have won at SB.

Anyway, October was a break-out month and we're slowly starting to find the third gear - on occasion. We're still runing in second gear a lot, so I'm looking forward to seeing United in third gear hitting fourth gear occasinally - should be a blast.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I read before the game that we started the same this season as we had last season. So as people have said a lot, there are a lot of similarities.

And we are starting to hit form. However there is still a lot to come, especially with Carrick and Hargreaves to come back, as well as Manucho finding fitness and form and offering us another option up front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts