9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it time for the players who earn massive sums of money tpo give something
back?

We all know the world is in a pretty bad way ATM in reagrds to the enviroment
and money....

Should all players earning over a set amount be handed a % deduction and that
money deducted to help the economy?

Just thought it would be an interesting discussion....

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
lol....fat chance of that happeneing..best you can hope for is some charitable contribution. read something in fourfourtwo once can't remember the player but he did quite a clever thing. besides the top few clubs who fill the grounds each week most clubs have empty seats so this player paid out of his wages for quite a few kids( in groups from their schools) to go to the games each week out of his own pocket.

most clubs arent willing to simply give too many tickets away for free( though some do to schools), but everyone won he got a good name, the club got the seats paid for and most importantly some new blood got to come and see a game for free......with the reasoning i guess they might come back again.

so while i don't see any chance in hell of players donating wages, taking wage cuts etc you'd think some of them would come up with ideas like this...esp as ultimatley they gain some kind of hero status for very little layout. wish i could remember which player actually did this though , just remeber the article.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
they already pay a disgusting amount of tax on what they earn,.. after that its up to them if they want to 'give back' and a lot of them do! just cos some1 is succesful doesnt mean they should have to fork out cos the economy is doing poorly, thats the governments fault for not planning properly as well as Economic cycles which a football player should hardly have to compensate for!!!!

So in answer to your suggestion a definite NO!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
40 per cent income tax
11 per cent national insurance
17.5 per cent vat on those cars watches clothes etc they buy here
stamp duty on the houses they buy
and when they die inheritance tax on the estate .

fact is they are good for our economy .

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
why footballers have to pay money
they already pay over their asses for taxes :rolleyes:

and they deserves what he earns and every footballer is a hard worker who 100% deserve the cash he gets as any worker in other job so why the footballer have to help the economy while many normal people don't (usualy don't)

its the clubs who pay massive numbers to sign footballers have to help the economy just like Citteh who are wasting 60ms on goalies and strikers
with a cash that is the same as the all of the money in some developing countries have

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
abojodeh said:
why footballers have to pay money
they already pay over their asses for taxes :rolleyes:

and they deserves what he earns and every footballer is a hard worker who 100% deserve the cash he gets as any worker in other job so why the footballer have to help the economy while many normal people don't (usualy don't)

its the clubs who pay massive numbers to sign footballers have to help the economy just like Citteh who are wasting 60ms on goalies and strikers
with a cash that is the same as the all of the money in some developing countries have
Look at the club WE'RE representing here, when regarding transfer fees;

Hardly saints when it comes to paying over the odds and throwing money at things....

Can't just have a go at City for it, at least they're pumping in money that would just be sat in some fat Arab's safe into the game...

Least they ain't owned by a couple of fat Americans who could'nt afford the club they bought

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Footballers to financially help the economy. Don't make me laugh. They wouldn't even give up a days wages for nurses a while back, their faces looked disgusted at the thought.

What annoys me is us common tax payers bailing out bankers who get 6 figure sallarys. They make money in the good times off our backs and when it goes bad we give them our hard earned money. It makes me sick.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
Footballers get payed way to much for kicking a piece of leather for 90 minutes then they complain when the fixtures start to mount
:confused: Is that how you view the beautiful game? wtf? you sound like a football hater Marty.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
How do you view it Jazz? They do kick leather around for 90 minuts. It's not mortar, it's leather.

Did i miss the point?
My point is that they dont JUST kick a piece of leather around the pitch.
there is a lot more to it in case you hadnt noticed :rolleyes:
Why would billions of people obsessed with it, if it was merely just kicking a piece of leather?
People that dont like football describe it in such a way.
That was my point Richie. :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
unless football clubs cut their crazy transfer fees and ticket prices and players and agents cut their insane wages football will soon go into meltdown .we are witnessing this mess with the banks and football has lined itself up to be next but on a far more brutal scale i fear , most clubs in the football league are in debt isn't that telling us it can't afford the wages but footballs answer is to keep raising ticket prices and most crowds are dwindling {utd are lucky } with so many fans but many of the genuine utd followers cannot now afford to go.
football and footballers need to help themselves and get its head out of cuckoo land because teams will be folding in the next year unless its made more affordable to us fans , and many players will end up pushing wheelbarrows or carrying postbags ,i think the shock would kill them.:eek:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
if you say footballers should give something back,then why not pop stars and actors?..football is real,it gives pleasure to millions of people,it unites,it creates conversation..they pay their taxes like everone else,i agree that the wages are sometimes,well most of the time obseen.but i wouldn't say no to getting paid a fortune doing what i love.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts