Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just read on BBC Sport that TK has accepted a 2yr contract extension on his current deal. He is now contracted to stay with the club until 2012.

With VDS' career coming to an end (and his shaky performance yesterday) the club clearly want to keep hold of TK.

He hasn't started a 1st team game this season but perhaps he will in our upcoming Carling Cup game against Boro.

Good news for the club or were you hoping we'd look in the transfer market for a new 'keeper as 1st or 2nd choice ahead/behind Foster?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
beat me to it was just gonna start a thread on this....think it's a fair deal for everyone, he's good back up and he seems ok that he ain't gonna be first choice, even when VDS retires...good bit of business

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Tomasz Kuszczak has signed a two-year extension to his contract at United and thanked Sir Alex Ferguson for showing “trust and support” in his ability.

The 26-year-old goalkeeper, who is now contracted to the club until June 2012, arrived at Old Trafford in August 2006 and made his debut a month later as a substitute against Arsenal.

Tomasz told ManUtd.com: “For the club to offer me an extension when I still have two years left shows the trust and support that I have from the club and Sir Alex.

“I’m so happy as I have had a great time so far here, but there is still so much for me to prove and I want to continue working hard to ensure my position within this great team.”

Sir Alex Ferguson said the deal helps safeguard the strength of United’s goalkeeping ranks for years to come.

“We always like to sit down with all our young players as we want to look ahead and protect our future,” he told us.

“Top goalkeepers are hard to find and I believe we have three of the best here, and by securing Tomasz’s future we can consolidate our own.”

Kuszczak for keeps
"For the club to offer me an extension when I still have two years left shows the trust and support that I have from the club and Sir Alex."
- Tomasz Kuszczak

Stats at a glance

Born: 20 March 1982 (age: 26)
Birthplace: Krosno Odrzanskie
Appearances: 29
Joined United: 10 August 2006
Debut: v Arsenal, 17 September 2006
ManUtd.com

·
23,699 Posts
Zense_United said:
great one ... he might be our next first team gk
*cough cough*

He could be if:

1. He can kick a return ball properly.

2. He is not so nervous to make us so nervous too.

3. He does not give away a penalty more often than the norm.

Ben Foster should be the next in line because he only needs to work on 1.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Good news.

He is a decent keeper. Granted, I don't think hes good enough to be our no 1 in future, but hes certainly a great keeper to have in reserve. After all, even if we decide Foster is no 1 and we're going to sign a great keeper as no 2, a great keeper isn't going to come as a no 2 if they're playing first team football somewhere else imho.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
god no :(
Foster craptalk again
Ben is getting overrated these days :rolleyes:

okay Foster is quit good but hes no god and hes no number 1 for us
we will defeniatly look up for a new keeper when Van Der Star retire

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
versa said:
*cough cough*

He could be if:

1. He can kick a return ball properly.

2. He is not so nervous to make us so nervous too.

3. He does not give away a penalty more often than the norm.

Ben Foster should be the next in line because he only needs to work on 1.

Couldnt agree more...especially point number 2. Also if i could add, i just need him to be a bit more consistent but perhaps more opportunity playing might help him..Good news thou that we decide to extend his service...shows how fergie believe in him..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
fergie wants to add further stability to the club, to the team before he leaves.

PIG is well capable of being a back up goalkeeper, and if he can improve the few areas mentioned above, he can challenge to be the first choice between the sticks.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
as fergie says, its good to get him tied down. and once vds is off, we have two young keepers. i still think foster should be given a run this season if and when fit. his only league game saw him save us from a shocking result at derby, and he was consecutively watford's player of the year. kuszczak is a good keeper to have as second choice, and as mentioned, wont be too upset to be a no.2

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Tomasz Kuszczak has signed a two-year extension to his contract at United and thanked Sir Alex Ferguson for showing “trust and support” in his ability.

The 26-year-old goalkeeper, who is now contracted to the club until June 2012, arrived at Old Trafford in August 2006 and made his debut a month later as a substitute against Arsenal.

Tomasz told ManUtd.com: “For the club to offer me an extension when I still have two years left shows the trust and support that I have from the club and Sir Alex.

“I’m so happy as I have had a great time so far here, but there is still so much for me to prove and I want to continue working hard to ensure my position within this great team.”

Sir Alex Ferguson said the deal helps safeguard the strength of United’s goalkeeping ranks for years to come.

“We always like to sit down with all our young players as we want to look ahead and protect our future,” he told us.

“Top goalkeepers are hard to find and I believe we have three of the best here, and by securing Tomasz’s future we can consolidate our own.”

http://www.manutd.com

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i was very surprised to hear this....Tomasz was never a favourite of mine and never will be....after VDS...for me Foster is the next keeper of United if we don't buy another one...it's preety interesting to see what's gonna' happen in the future with this goalkeeping post

1 - 16 of 16 Posts