Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hang your head in shame and learn that you can NEVER write off this football club.

It's simply in our DNA to respond well to setbacks. Enjoy tonight but remember to get behind the team in the future.

Starting from Saturday and West Ham, WE HAVE A LEAGUE TITLE TO WIN.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I can happily post in this thread too :)
I think the doubters know who they are ;)

We should all get behind the team in future.
Fergie knows what he is doing and he proved it again.
Cmon United!!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I was a lil worried but i never slated the manager ever, always have trust in him! Was a little dissapointed with some of the players recently but always said we could still do both!

C'mon united!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I didn't slate him cos I wasn't online after the chelsea game nor have I or ever would I slate Fergie, but I feel if he makes a mistake such as the Rooney situation ; playing him out of position and risking him against chelsea we as fans are entitled to criticise our manager if we feel a mistake was made..

fact is we've beaten barca and hopefully we will beat w ham and wigan, and go on to to win the final..

had the result been different tonight there may have been different opinions..

we did it thank god!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i am sure fergie can take criticism, what matters is how he responds to them.
we can all have our doubts, and there is no need to bash or slam the doubters.
all the doubters do not have to hide themselves, they have their points and some of them very valid. firm believers do not need to get their faces into others also, after all, we all love united.

·
Registered
675 Posts
i slated him. i admit i did. becos he made a VITAL and so SIMPLE mistake at such a time in the season. against such a team as chelsea. plus the fact he has been slagging of refs for some matches.

when at the end of the chelsea game it was a plain managerial decision that effectivley the game.

i got mad. i got mad becos i love united more than a lot of things in life, i bleed united, i cry united, and i don't want to see all that we have worked for down the drain due to a simple error by Ferguson.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
yangch0000 said:
all the doubters do not have to hide themselves, they have their points and some of them very valid.
firm believers do not need to get their faces into others also, after all, we all love united.
great point Yang. Spot on mate.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Constructive criticism is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism, It is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually

However we made it through to the champions league final & i can only congratulate the club on achieving this & hope now we win our remaining two premier league matches to regain our status as premier league champs & also in moscow be crowned as kings of europe

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
To all those who doubt ! everyone on this site was worried at the begining of the year when we where what 18th place? So who cares what he or she said, lets hope we win the next 2 games and then we shall have payback for the bridge at moscow!lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
unitedred said:
Hang your head in shame and learn that you can NEVER write off this football club.

It's simply in our DNA to respond well to setbacks. Enjoy tonight but remember to get behind the team in the future.

Simplistic nonsense!!! I for one never wrote United off nor did I say that fergie was the wrong man for the job. I just thought he got some things wrong. Results either way don't sway me on what I see on the ptich. If it had gone against us then that wouldn't make me right . Blooming brilliant result though !!!! So in a way who cares...?

I have always felt that United are at their best at a high tempo and playing positive brave football. I don't think tonight really changes my mind on this because I always felt Barca were more likely to score when we just admired them and stood off rather than put them under pressure. We looked far better when pressing the ball and intimidating them. Personally I think the whole thing was far more close than it should have been and we showed Barca way too much respect in both legs. A better team than Barca ( eg real , Inter , etc) would have picked us off tonight for sitting on a 1-0 lead. But hey , we won and we're through so now is not the time really....FANTASTIC!!!!

RichardsReds said:
I can proudly write in this thread.

I started my own thread telling the doubters to hang their heads in shame!

Come on UNITED!
I really don't see what anyone has to be ashamed of here?? Why ? Do you want us to lie if we see something going wrong and disagree and pretend it's not there? You talk as if Fergie could play my grandmother and still you would not criticise. I think the guy is amazing but he doesn't walk on water either. Just because we get frustrated or doubt does not mean that we are not 100% behind fergie. I'm 100% committed to my kids but that doesn't mean I always like what they do.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's the slators that makes the forum interesting... Although I will be very angry whenever I hear about it but I know deep down we are the comeback kings of EPL... Never write United off... Let's go win the title before we think about Moscow... I can see the double for sure but I rather have it in the trophy cabinet first before I shout my hearts out...

Like I have mentioned before that Fergie's know what's he's doing best for United... Nice job SAF...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yangch0000 said:
all the doubters do not have to hide themselves, they have their points and some of them very valid. firm believers do not need to get their faces into others also, after all, we all love united.
No, real United fans who have followed the club through thick and thin would know that this club always bounces back from blips. It's all and well saying you were unhappy about the tactics on the day but the bitching about the manager and how our season was ending in 'disaster' was a bloody disgrace.

Don't make excuses for Gloryhunters, no doubt they will all be running their mouths about how we'll win it all again now.

Forever_United said:
i slated him. i admit i did. becos he made a VITAL and so SIMPLE mistake at such a time in the season. against such a team as chelsea. plus the fact he has been slagging of refs for some matches.

when at the end of the chelsea game it was a plain managerial decision that effectivley the game.

i got mad. i got mad becos i love united more than a lot of things in life, i bleed united, i cry united, and i don't want to see all that we have worked for down the drain due to a simple error by Ferguson.
Error by Ferguson? Who put us in this position in the first place?

Honestly, think before you post kiddo.

Dynamite said:
Constructive criticism is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism, It is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually

However we made it through to the champions league final & i can only congratulate the club on achieving this & hope now we win our remaining two premier league matches to regain our status as premier league champs & also in moscow be crowned as kings of europe
There's a difference between constructive criticism and downright bitching and crying after a minor blip in what has been a marvellous season.

Don't even try it. Constructive criticism my f*cking arse. Poor excuse used by the gloryhunters who were about to support Chelsea on Saturday. Yet are now back here being arrogant now we're in the final.

·
Banned
503 Posts
unitedred said:
No, real United fans who have followed the club through thick and thin would know that this club always bounces back from blips. It's all and well saying you were unhappy about the tactics on the day but the bitching about the manager and how our season was ending in 'disaster' was a bloody disgrace.

Don't make excuses for Gloryhunters, no doubt they will all be running their mouths about how we'll win it all again now.

Error by Ferguson? Who put us in this position in the first place?

Honestly, think before you post kiddo.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and downright bitching and crying after a minor blip in what has been a marvellous season.

Don't even try it. Constructive criticism my f*cking arse. Poor excuse used by the gloryhunters who were about to support Chelsea on Saturday. Yet are now back here being arrogant now we're in the final.
Who said i was bitching, get your fact's right mate & also keep your language down, my quote is intended to state the fact that it boost the coach & players morale recieving such good criticism, yes we are in the final & have quite nearly regained the title again, but before you start rant raving think before you post next time as to what my quote was suggesting

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
180 mins of pure tactical masterclass from the greatest manager
ever to grace the earth of the footballing world, Sir Alex Ferguson!
Okay, let me not attempt to jinx the team anymore,
but to quote a certain fiery Scot - I forget his name - football… bloody hell!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
all utd fans want the club to win and they have got every right to critisize them when they play so negatively , the garden is not always rosy you know , it was great to see the team rise to the challenge last night and hopefully it will springboard us to glory in both the prem and champion league final.
the utd fans that upset me are the ones with the blinkers on that fail to see some of the shame that certain players can put on the club or sometimes negative tactics that always seem to cost us , utd are great at attacking we should always play to our strengths not our opponents , if this was another clubs player or negativity they would be up in arms shouting obsenities no doubt about it but if its one of our own then its laughed about and celebrated by some idiots ,and you invariabley find if the club had a disastrous run these are the fans that turn nasty and bring shame on their clubs {every club has a small following of this type of fan and they are easy to spot at all grounds}.

·
23,699 Posts
unitedred said:

No United fan needs to hang his/her head in shame. Whatever doubts, criticisms or concerns raised after a bad performance by some, like myself, are only normal, genuine and truthful, saying it as it was and with good intent.

And I believe nobody here wishes ill for the team in the next game no matter how catastrophic or dismaying the previous game was.

And yes, Sir, we always remember to get behind the team for the next game because "it's simply in our DNA".

desmondo said:
I for one never wrote United off nor did I say that fergie was the wrong man for the job. I just thought he got some things wrong. Results either way don't sway me on what I see on the ptich.

I have always felt that United are at their best at a high tempo and playing positive brave football. I don't think tonight really changes my mind on this because I always felt Barca were more likely to score when we just admired them and stood off rather than put them under pressure. We looked far better when pressing the ball and intimidating them.

I really don't see what anyone has to be ashamed of here?? Why ? Do you want us to lie if we see something going wrong and disagree and pretend it's not there? You talk as if Fergie could play my grandmother and still you would not criticise. I think the guy is amazing but he doesn't walk on water either. Just because we get frustrated or doubt does not mean that we are not 100% behind fergie. I'm 100% committed to my kids but that doesn't mean I always like what they do.
Hey, mate, I am beginning to like you a lot, Mr SayItAsItIs. My type of man. :D

P.S. How else can we be unbiased and objective???!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts