·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
City 3-0 Arsenal
Chelsea 0-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 0-0 Fulham
Villa 0-0 United

I'm not one for making excuses, and yes there's been international breaks before, and there will be again. But, when was the last time all of the 'big four' failed to win?! Must be going back a few years. Possibly to when it was just the big three?

You could argue that the big four have a lot more international players than their four opponents this weekend, I'm not really sure. But this could also fit in with the 'too many foreign players in the Premiership' debate; think of the travel for the top four team's players. A lot of players having to go to Africa, South America and Asia for their countries. Still, same could be said for City's players. I think Wenger will come out with a lot of stuff about the international break, but seriously, how much did it have to do with this weekend's "hiccups"?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cleavers11 said:
Villa had more players away on International duty than United did they not?
I don't know. I'm not John Motson.

But think of Park having to go to Asia, Tevez to South America. Ronaldo to South America for the Portugal away game.... Must have some effect. I can't name a Villa player from outside Europe, other than Friedel...

I sound like I'm making excuses... I'm not.

Z

·
0 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
I don't know. I'm not John Motson.

But think of Park having to go to Asia, Tevez to South America. Ronaldo to South America for the Portugal away game.... Must have some effect. I can't name a Villa player from outside Europe, other than Friedel...

I sound like I'm making excuses... I'm not.
Tevez went to Scotland.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blade said:
Tevez went to Scotland.
Ah yes.

But a lot of Arsenal and Chelsea's players went off to Africa (I presume).

I sound like I'm trying to justify the bad performance. I'm not, just criticising Fifa's international dates.

Z

·
0 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Ah yes.

But a lot of Arsenal and Chelsea's players went off to Africa (I presume).

I sound like I'm trying to justify the bad performance. I'm not, just criticising Fifa's international dates.
Is it FIFA's fault? It's the English FA that organizes friendly games is it not?

S

·
0 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
But, when was the last time all of the 'big four' failed to win?! Must be going back a few years. ?
1998. :D

Not one of the top 4 win

Or even score a goal between them.........

.....Last time was 14 years ago.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
You can't expect international managers not to have squad gatherings and/or friendlies.

They don't get a lot of time to work with the players, so they need to spend as much time as they can get working with the players.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
1998. :D

Not one of the top 4 win

Or even score a goal between them.........

.....Last time was 14 years ago.

Nice stat for the first one.
The last time they all failed to score was 15 years ago I think.;)

S

·
0 Posts
haggler said:
feckin librarian
LMAO hags, was with 4 mates and we was only talking about it a couple of hours ago.

Jazz 16 said:
Nice stat for the first one.
The last time they all failed to score was 15 years ago I think.;)
You could be right, 3 out of 5 of us thought it was 14, the other 2 and yourself say 15.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts