Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think after the goal today the first half performance was the best I've seen us play in a long time. The movement and passing and general creativity was excellent. We had everything we've been lacking lately. I know we fizzled out in the second half but I think they realize the squad is so stretched at the moment, so to just play out the game whilst using as little effort as possible.

I think maybe because out system is so free and expressive, it takes a long time for it to click, but I think today was the first time in the season when our attacking football really clicked.

They really impressed me today.

How do you guys think we did?

Z

·
0 Posts
I've only been impressed with our performance four times this season. Blackburn away, Stoke home, Chelsea home and Spuds tonight. We played like our usual selves tonight and the players seemed to be in sync with eachother, which we've hardly seen at all this season. It's good to see that we can play so well even with so many players out injured and I'm hoping this is a sign that we're about to kick into gear for the second half of the season. Having said that, we're already on a great run at the moment, even though we haven't been playing well, so I can't wait till we start playing the good stuff again and show Liverpool what it takes to win league titles :cool:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-zuco- said:
I've only been impressed with our performance four times this season. Blackburn away, Stoke home, Chelsea home and Spuds tonight. We played like our usual selves tonight and the players seemed to be in sync with eachother, which we've hardly seen at all this season. It's good to see that we can play so well even with so many players out injured and I'm hoping this is a sign that we're about to kick into gear for the second half of the season. Having said that, we're already on a great run at the moment, even though we haven't been playing well, so I can't wait till we start playing the good stuff again and show Liverpool what it takes to win league titles :cool:
Couldn't have put it better myself :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Agree with the above, but for me tonight was all about the front men and the young Brazilian Fabio. Firstly if there was any doubts about paying Tevez's asking price there shouldnt be after tonight, the little fella looks like he's out to prove himself in every single game, so influential it's a presense that feeds right through the side and it makes everyone work that bit harder, for me the man of the match. The other front man Berbatov i've been a bit dissapointed with this season, after paying all that money and him already haveing two years premiership experience i expected him to slot in and look the part straight away, but tonight was the first time i've really seen him grab a game by the scruff of it's neck and make everyone sit up and tak notice, i just thought he was Rolls Royce tonight, thank goodness he's come good, how crucial he will turn put to be after all. And lastly it looks like we have an able deputy for Patrice Evra when the youngster Fabio gets fit again,he looks really classy. Maybe not as explosive as Rafa but he's possibly a bit more thoughtful and so i've heard he has more leadership skills and grace the scoresheet on more occasions, overall im very pleased, i just hope Fabio can return for Tuesday night.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
agreed, we had a terrific first half, the passing the off the ball movement it was all excellent. Hopefully we can continue to play this type of football which really was our trademark for the last couple of seasons.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
after the goal, united and the fan all seemed to be one and it pretty much rallied united and scared spurs!! :cool:

second half we went quiet again but i do agree, first half was great viewing.

pz

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
United_OG said:
after the goal, united and the fan all seemed to be one and it pretty much rallied united and scared spurs!! :cool:

second half we went quiet again but i do agree, first half was great viewing.

pz
thank god i only watched the first half then (had to go to my mums birthday party :mad: )
but i did enjoy what i saw in the first half i really thought even after there goal that we were deadly and it was just a matter of time till we scored and so we did

and i also take my words back on carrick he made a awsome pass to berbatov i was very impressed

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The first half was good, no doubt. We went down a goal, and then we righted the ship and went up a minute later. For me though, the second half was generally poor, at least what I saw of it, as I had to go to work so I couldn't watch the last 20 minutes. I'm not sure if Tosic's substitution on affected our performance at all, but I certainly hope so, considering both teams seem resigned to the score being 2-1 from the beginning of the second half. Talking to some of my mates earlier, and they agree. If this was so good, why not go for a third and finish the tie off? I think they were saving themselves for West Brom. Doing just enough to win, then shutting up shop. In any case, we're through to the next round, so we should be happy about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
youngsters looking good

united performance yesterday was good, although i think a few players tired towards the end. was well impressed with fabio - looked lively, tackled well etc is it just me or does he look abit more substantial than rafa? (bit beefier/taller??) could just be me! welbeck did ok on the wing too - looks like he does well with the ball at his feet. something i think he hasn't really been able to show very much when he's been up front in the 1st team. what i saw of tosic i liked - especially the neat little on-two with tevez at the end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts