Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do it, others do it, it happens at least once a day, it happens in all forums. People lose their patience or tolerance with a particular poster and an arguement ensues.

What we have to remember are a couple of very key facts. The first is that we are a multi national membership using one single language - English; the language of the internet. This being the case, some of the membership are typing in a language that is not their own, native, tongue. They are also typing on a keyboard which is quite possibly not native to the forum language. Tolerance & Patience.

This brings me to the second point. What people write is not necessarily what people read. I can, and have, said something quite innocent, a fact in passing. But it has been read by one or two others in a context different to that which is written. Tolerance and Patience.

If you read something in a thread that you consider could be meant as something else entirely, please, ask the writer for clarification. Its not hard, is it? But, it can save a lot of unpleasantness later on.

We have all done it, lets learn from the experience. We are all here because of one common denominator - we all support the best team on the planet; those that do not are poor misguided people who need our help ;)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Very nice post Mr Devil !!!

I think sometimes people do forget some of us talk different language than maybe we are used to - people here from Israel, Spain, Brasil, Czech Rep, Germany and most important of all ROMANIA !!! :p

So yes sometime we say things and perhaps we say this wrong - be nice for others to help us and explain what we do wrong - better than making big problem and headache with arguing ok.

The other solution is you all learn our languages but this take plenty time so I say to be nice is good way to go forward :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
i fully agree 100% red. we need to understand that words can be interpreted differently around globe like ( bloody) is that really a bad word??? not here in america ,means nothing to us!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Balrog: bloody is fine, not a problem with that.

Geordiemancunian: you are really trying my patience now aren't you? Your posting of football threads in the pub and all of no news value.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Red Devil said:
I do it, others do it, it happens at least once a day, it happens in all forums. People lose their patience or tolerance with a particular poster and an arguement ensues.

What we have to remember are a couple of very key facts. The first is that we are a multi national membership using one single language - English; the language of the internet. This being the case, some of the membership are typing in a language that is not their own, native, tongue. They are also typing on a keyboard which is quite possibly not native to the forum language. Tolerance & Patience.

This brings me to the second point. What people write is not necessarily what people read. I can, and have, said something quite innocent, a fact in passing. But it has been read by one or two others in a context different to that which is written. Tolerance and Patience.

If you read something in a thread that you consider could be meant as something else entirely, please, ask the writer for clarification. Its not hard, is it? But, it can save a lot of unpleasantness later on.

We have all done it, lets learn from the experience. We are all here because of one common denominator - we all support the best team on the planet; those that do not are poor misguided people who need our help ;)
After read your post Red Devil, but even before I had discovered I need to curb "losing my rag" at stuff that I really shouldn't lose my rag at. It only happens to me on forums. I have had to posts appear that I could have turned in an argument or whatever since reading this, its made me discover a technique to control it. I owe you a thanks for that post, you just solved my problem !!;)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We all do it my friend, all of us. I lost it slightly last night try to get people to post in the correct section. Its not hard to do, just read headings and sub heading before posting. THINK before you post.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Amen to that brother.....

Perhaps we should organise weekly meetings on the forum where we all get together and sing "Kum biya Lord".......

Anyone up for it...?????

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
You have school's in Eire!!! Well well, progress in the European community!!!! ;)

I think it's obvious by the quality and insightfulness of my posts and threads alike...:D

indeed.......all for one, one for all....:)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see that the tolerance and patience being preached by me does not reach certain eyes in here, such a shame.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.