Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight proved one thing wayne rooney is a starter whatever the team . Teves and berbatov are a none starter !!

:mad:

What do you think ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,861 Posts
I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

We failed to score in two consecutive games when Berbatov was out of the team a few weeks ago.

NOBODY should be untouchable.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Rooney has been just as crap recently so it's unfair to judge Tevez on one game.
The whole team had a bad day to be honest and if Tevez isn't getting the service
then he won't score, simple as that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
we just needed that crucial pass to go our way, it didnt happen. The players played well created chances but the final ball just lacked inspiration
 

·
Thank you Sir Alex
Joined
·
5,528 Posts
It was a ridiculous move to take off Tevez for Giggs. Tonight proves nothing. Tevez and Berbatov needs more games together if they are to create an understanding between them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-zuco- said:
Rooney has been just as crap recently so it's unfair to judge Tevez on one game.
The whole team had a bad day to be honest and if Tevez isn't getting the service
then he won't score, simple as that.
I didnt judge teves on one game I said berbatov and teves are a none starter . I didnt say teves was a none starter berbatov or teves should be rotated as both drop so deep we have no one in the box !


read my post correct please :p
 

·
hates City
Joined
·
2,913 Posts
We face serious difficulty scoring on our away games. That's the bigger problem than tevez and berbatov understand each other, although that's one of the reasons why we didn't score tonight, but not the crucial one
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
red dave said:
I didnt judge teves on one game I said berbatov and teves are a none starter . I didnt say teves was a none starter berbatov or teves should be rotated as both drop so deep we have no one in the box !
Yeah cos Rooney never drops deep does he? :rolleyes:

Berbatov and tevez have hardly ever played together, so how are they meant to build up a striking relationship with no game time?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-zuco- said:
Yeah cos Rooney never drops deep does he? :rolleyes:

Berbatov and tevez have hardly ever played together, so how are they meant to build up a striking relationship with no game time?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to be always right but rooney is ten times the threat of either man in my view zuco is that ok with you


I respect your view respect mine Zuco ;)
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
red dave said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have to be always right but rooney is ten times the threat of either man in my view zuco is that ok with you


I respect your view respect mine Zuco ;)
Why are you going all defensive on me? :rolleyes:
You gave your opinion, I gave mine and we were discussing it, that's what we call debate :p
 

·
Im not fat... im sex.
Joined
·
8,817 Posts
to be honest we lacked the killer touch today, i have to admit i think the teams flows though rooney and we do miss him,
but we should be able to play without him we lacked something today i wish we knew what :(

as for berbatov..... well ive never ever been a fan but i am willing to change my mind about him sadly it hasnt happned yet :\

btw im back ... agin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-zuco- said:
Why are you going all defensive on me? :rolleyes:
You gave your opinion, I gave mine and we were discussing it, that's what we call debate :p

Yes and I respect your view I think berbatov has a lack of drive that rooney has and as for teves he isnt a last man striker so put the two together and you get at negative vibe .

Fergie thinks it to otherwise they would of played together already

Rooney can play as the last man

Zuco we mates dont ruin it :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
Tonight proved..... we had another bad game.

If our passing game was so bad (even Rafael sucked big time with his today), I would really doubt Rooney would have made much difference.

And who knows he might be so frustrated by what happened throughout the game and carried away by the high tempo maintained that he might have had done something silly again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,303 Posts
-zuco- said:
Rooney has been just as crap recently so it's unfair to judge Tevez on one game.
The whole team had a bad day to be honest and if Tevez isn't getting the service
then he won't score, simple as that.


i think that has been utds problem all season . firstly we are not giving the strikers great service and centre midfield is the problem area , and secondly tevez and rooney are not great finishers {ronaldo outscores them on his own}, both players are great battlers but they drop into midfield to get involved when they should be around the penalty area.
berbatov has been a major disapointment so far ,but he has yet to play in a truly confident utd team over a run of games ,the whole attack is not functioning properly and nobodies looking great .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
Its a bit early to say that Tevez and Berbatov don't work tbh.

When Berbatov first came into the team, people were asking that we gave time for Rooney and Berbatov to form a partnership. Tevez and Berbatov also deserve the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
915 Posts
red dave said:
Yes and I respect your view I think berbatov has a lack of drive that rooney has and as for tevez he isnt a last man striker so put the two together and you get at negative vibe .

Fergie thinks it too otherwise they would of played together already

Rooney can play as the last man

Zuco we mates dont ruin it :D
Sorry but it was bugging me! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
wtf is goin on this season. bloody hell 2 supposedly 30 million pound strikers play together and looked awful. i'm worried about our strike force. My greatest concern is enjoying watching us play. i nearly fell asleep in that spurs game. 0-0 villareal. 0-0 aston villa 0-0 spurs. 1-0 sunderland. 1-0 city. bloody hell, what happened to the entertaining united. haven't overly enjoyed one game this season.
 

·
Arse Bandito
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
I think that tonight proved that what we really need is anderson.
our passing was fair enough in midfield and out onto the wings, but berbatov and tevez were always dropping deep. even if they weren't, the balls in were generally poor. although tevez shouldn't have made way for him when we were pushing for a win, giggs played quite well and his delivery was actually quite good for a change.
but i think if we had anderson (who waved at me from the team bus yesterday, made my day ;), just thought i should mention. ronaldo ignored me, sell him??) then we would have had someone with strength, who would take the game a bit more by the scruff of the neck, and forcing the ball forward, we would have someone to just get the ball in, route 1. spurs played 451 at home, which is the equivalent of what sunderland did last week, considering they want to be breaking the big 4 soon. they only really threatened from 20-odd yards out.
having said that, a very difficult away day, possibly our hardest remaining one, and a relatively poor perfomance. and we took a point. the scouse and arsenal did too, which in a way makes it a bit more dissappointing that we couldn't take advantage. come on the irons.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
RedAdam said:
I think that tonight proved that what we really need is anderson.
our passing was fair enough in midfield and out onto the wings, but berbatov and tevez were always dropping deep. even if they weren't, the balls in were generally poor. although tevez shouldn't have made way for him when we were pushing for a win, giggs played quite well and his delivery was actually quite good for a change.
but i think if we had anderson (who waved at me from the team bus yesterday, made my day ;), just thought i should mention. ronaldo ignored me, sell him??) then we would have had someone with strength, who would take the game a bit more by the scruff of the neck, and forcing the ball forward, we would have someone to just get the ball in, route 1. spurs played 451 at home, which is the equivalent of what sunderland did last week, considering they want to be breaking the big 4 soon. they only really threatened from 20-odd yards out.
having said that, a very difficult away day, possibly our hardest remaining one, and a relatively poor perfomance. and we took a point. the scouse and arsenal did too, which in a way makes it a bit more dissappointing that we couldn't take advantage. come on the irons.
I agree. We definitely needed Anderson yesterday.

I was crying for Sir Alex to put Anderson on, but he didn't. In all honesty, I think some of the substitutions this year have been very poor.
 

·
TROLOLOLOL
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Bit of a crazy substitution to take off Tevez but tbf once Ryan was on ,we looked 'alive' again...........also what was going on with CR7,he was stuck to the wing for an age but as soon as he drifted into the middle with Carlito out wide he looked a menace,anyone else feel Fergie is sturggling with who's playing with who and where?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top