Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Hm Im not sure who this Tony Wilson is. All I can think of is a Anthony Wilson who was the 'brain' behind bands like New Order and Happy Mondays and the man behind the music's MADchester.

S

·
0 Posts
spellbound said:
Hm Im not sure who this Tony Wilson is. All I can think of is a Anthony Wilson who was the 'brain' behind bands like New Order and Happy Mondays and the man behind the music's MADchester.
Quite correct mate, also opened the Hacienda, did more for the music of Madchester than most people realise. Known as MR MUSIC, had the greatest post punk bands in the world, a real influence in putting Manchester music at the top of the ladder.
Also a very good friend of SAF and a lot of United players.

A sad day for Manchester and the whole music world.

RIP. ANTHONY H. WILSON.

PS. For those that really don't know, google his name, you wont be alive long enough to read everything thats there.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Quite correct mate, also opened the Hacienda, did more for the music of Madchester than most people realise. Known as MR MUSIC, had the greatest post punk bands in the world, a real influence in putting Manchester music at the top of the ladder.
Also a very good friend of SAF and a lot of United players.

A sad day for Manchester and the whole music world.

RIP. ANTHONY H. WILSON.

PS. For those that really don't know, google his name, you wont be alive long enough to read everything thats there.
I read plenty stuff about this man now and then I remember I see him on TV doing this chat show I think.....I know New Order and Happy Mondays too.....shame he die - seems to me from what I read he is very good guy for Manchester.....

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I remember now, he was a reporter on Granada tv for years. If he is responsible for some of the crap I hear on car stereos nowadays then I hope his music dies with him.

S

·
0 Posts
Red Devil said:
I remember now, he was a reporter on Granada tv for years. If he is responsible for some of the crap I hear on car stereos nowadays then I hope his music dies with him.
It's more than likely that Tony Wilson either signed one of your favourite bands, or a band who influenced your favourite band. From co-founding Factory Records to managing the Happy Mondays, Tony has been at the forefront of Manchester music for over twenty years. Have a bit of respect!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Since not all of us is UK recidence and some of us dont live in English speaking countries its not bloody easy to following everything whats going on there. And I think all knew Tony is often a shorten of Anthony. But did you know Tony is an own name where I live as well as Anthony.

So maybe the world dont revolves around us all the time. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts