Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm not defending Liverpool but there's a player in every team who contributes vastly. Take away Ronaldo from United and we wouldn't be challenging for the Premiership right now and in fact we probably wouldn't be in the Champions League Final. Take away Torres and Liverpool would have been absolutely stuffed. Take away Fabregas or Adebayor, pick one, and Arsenal would be in dire straits. As for Chelsea ummm... well you can't really pinpoint a position they don't have six players for can you? I suppose if they didn't have Ballack this season things could be different but for me their most awesome player is Essien. Before Essien when Makelele was younger he was their most important player and as usual he was vastly underrated.

EDIT: Huh. I just read a curious article. If you break down the top four teams goal scoring tally's and look at each player's individual goal tally Liverpool actually come off really well. United have scored 104 goals so far. 59 of those goals, or 56%, were scored by either Ronaldo or Tevez. Compared to United, Liverpool's dynamic duo, or only decent attacking players as they're known outside of Liverpool, Torres and Gerrard have scored 53 goals out of Liverpool''s 116 or 45%, 11% less than United's top two striker's. Also alongside Gerrard and Torres, Babel, Benayoun, Crouch & Kuyt are all in double figures for goals scored which means the Scousers are the only league side to boast 6 players having scored 10 or more goals. They still can't seem to get anywhere though.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts