Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend keeps on saying Reina is in the top 5 keepers in the world. Tbh I wouldn't put him in the top 3 keepers in the prem even. And no Im not one of those people who just think all liverpool players are crap.
My top 5 would be:

Casillas
Buffon
Given
Adler
Cech

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
think id def have van der sar in that list. but its hard to choose at the moment. unlike the 90's their aint as many keepers than stand out and make you say he is the best. but if i were to try based on last season and this season so far id say

1. Buffon
2 Casillas
3. VDS
4. Ochoa
5. Frediel

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clarky101 said:
think id def have van der sar in that list. but its hard to choose at the moment. unlike the 90's their aint as many keepers than stand out and make you say he is the best. but if i were to try based on last season and this season so far id say

1. Buffon
2 Casillas
3. VDS
4. Ochoa
5. Frediel
And do you watch the mexican league regularly ? ;)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
For me...

Casialls - Miles ahead of the rest. Best in the world, and has been for years!
Buffon - Strong and has held his own for many a yea, for club and country
Van Der Sar - May ave the odd wobble or two, but he's up with the best IMO
Coupet - French number one, and a really tough man to beat. Top player
Cech - Wold have been highe up if he still had the consistancy, and just making into the top 5.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Keano! said:
For me...

Cech - Wold have been highe up if he still had the consistancy, and just making into the top 5.
Sometimes I wonder wether you see football or not:
Casillas what ??

Did you see all goals he has recently taken ??....... I think a not professional goalkeeper would have not done such mistakes..... In fact, Real Madrid side has been one of the most beaten in Europe for a couple of months, and the responsability was not all the defence, but many mistakes from Casillas

I don't remember a single one from Buffon since years, nor big nor little.
On the other hand, I can remind hundreds of miracolous saves

Please, don't compair a good goalkeeper with the best ever.
There is only 1 number 1

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't know why people see Casillas as a better goalkeeper than Buffon. Buffon is the best keeper in the World atm, and I have no doubts about that.

My top 5 would be;

1) Buffon
2) Casillas
3) Frey
4) Neuer
5) Akinfeev

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Buffon
Casillas
VDS
Cech
Coupet

Theres also a couple nearly there imo Adler, Lloris, Ocoha, Akinfeev, Frey!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Keano! said:
For me...

COUPET?!?!?!?!?!??! What?!?!? Are you kidding me? He was good a few years ago maybe, but he's had a bad 18months or so. Not top 5 for me by a while yet.

ejuventus said:
Sometimes I wonder wether you see football or not:
Casillas what ??

Did you see all goals he has recently taken ??....... I think a not professional goalkeeper would have not done such mistakes..... In fact, Real Madrid side has been one of the most beaten in Europe for a couple of months, and the responsability was not all the defence, but many mistakes from Casillas

I don't remember a single one from Buffon since years, nor big nor little.
On the other hand, I can remind hundreds of miracolous saves

Please, don't compair a good goalkeeper with the best ever.
There is only 1 number 1

Oh wow.... do you have pasta on your glasses or something? Casillas might be going through a bad patch, but in the past18 months he has achieved more things than Gigi AND made some amazing saves.

It's comparing a great keeper with a great keeer. :rolleyes:

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Cech
4. Frey
5. Akinfeev

Honourable mentions: Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer and Rene Adler

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Buffon- Acres ahead of anyone, and maybe the best ever.
Casillas- Ok, so maybe Gigi isn't acres ahead of this guy.
Frey- Maybe the biggest reason Fiorentina made the CL.
Akinfeev- He's sooooooo young, and the sky's the limit.
Friedel- Probably the best in England, and I've heard more than enough Englishmen say it, so keep your "stick by your countrymen" comments. :p

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Oh wow.... do you have pasta on your glasses or something? Casillas might be going through a bad patch, but in the past18 months he has achieved more things than Gigi AND made some amazing saves.

It's comparing a great keeper with a great keeer. :rolleyes:

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Cech
4. Frey
5. Akinfeev

Honourable mentions: Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer and Rene Adler
Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVMMhdJtuyc

It's about only a few days ago...... I can show you lots of others interesting things about Casillas in this year such this first goal from Sevilla

Mistakes may have been made by everyone:
in fact, Buffon has not done it a single one in the last 5-6 years....before I don't remember
If you don't see any achievements for him recently, I just remember that someone didn0t want him to play with Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini, camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero (or Trezeguet and Mutu)........ so that, they wanted to put him away for the important tournaments for a while, otherwise they would have not won anything

Everybody knows that.... pasta is good to eat, not to see....but evidently it helps also in watching football..

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
1) Buffon
2) Casillas
3) Reina
4) Given
5) Valdes

Buffon will go down as the greatest ever IMO, Casilas is class act aswell, Reina is maybe the Premierships best keeper, Given is an amazing player who needs a top 4 club, Valdes is a powerful presence.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
ejuventus said:
Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVMMhdJtuyc

It's about only a few days ago...... I can show you lots of others interesting things about Casillas in this year such this first goal from Sevilla

Mistakes may have been made by everyone:
in fact, Buffon has not done it a single one in the last 5-6 years....before I don't remember
If you don't see any achievements for him recently, I just remember that someone didn0t want him to play with Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Chiellini, camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero (or Trezeguet and Mutu)........ so that, they wanted to put him away for the important tournaments for a while, otherwise they would have not won anything

Everybody knows that.... pasta is good to eat, not to see....but evidently it helps also in watching football..
I'm sure even if Buffon akes a mistake, you will say it's not a mistake.

It will that the pitch was bumpy, the defence was not correct, the wind in the stadium...blah blah blah ...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts