Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having another argument with scouser... :rolleyes:

Who is more important to their respective sides? Not better but important?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Both hugely important players obviously but without Torres Liverpool are nothing. 4th at best.
Without Rooney we would still be top 2.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Both hugely important players obviously but without Torres Liverpool are nothing. 4th at best.
Without Rooney we would still be top 2.
Yeah good point Jazz..!:thumbsup:

When I read the first post, I was thinking the same thing..
2 huge players for both their clubs but Liverpool rely on Torres a lot more than we do on Rooney..!:cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
But still Torres has only started just over half of our league games this season yet we are still up there with a chance, just offering another point of view.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
As much as a United red I am, and always will be, it has to be Torres. He has gained them more points this season per game than Rooney has for us. Without him they would be languishing around 7 - 9 th position. And you have no idea how much it hurt me to say this.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Torres. Jazz already said it and we've proven plenty of times how we're more than capable of performing with or without rooney.

Both top players though, when we have rooney we have an extra angle of creativity rather than it just being ronaldo creating all the chances/space and scoring too. Carrick is a player who likes to hit the ball out wide but he doesnt run with it much or create many through balls when there is not an obvious one to play. So while we do miss rooney we have many other alternatives and match winners on the pitch.

Torres is so important to liverpool along with gerrard. They have to have one on the pitch usually not just for the goals but it gives them belief that they can win/compete whereas united dont need rooney on the pitch to believe we can still outplay anyone because there are so many other top talents.

Thats my opinion, im sure some liverpool fans would disagree but it is what it is!

pz!:cool:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
But still Torres has only started just over half of our league games this season yet we are still up there with a chance, just offering another point of view.
Yeah, I guess you've a point there aswell..!
But yee would miss Torres a lot more than we would miss Rooney..
I mean if Gerrard and Torres are missing for Liverpool, yee haven't got many other great attacking options besides them 2.. That 3rd goal that Torres got tonight for instance, no one else on the team would have scored that goal.. He's huge for yee and if he missses a lot of next season again, who have yee to replace him?! Ngog?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, I guess you've a point there aswell..!
But yee would miss Torres a lot more than we would miss Rooney..
I mean if Gerrard and Torres are missing for Liverpool, yee haven't got many other great attacking options besides them 2.. That 3rd goal that Torres got tonight for instance, no one else on the team would have scored that goal.. He's huge for yee and if he missses a lot of next season again, who have yee to replace him?! Ngog?:rolleyes:
Surely you mean N'Goal? :thumbsup:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Torres is the best striker in the world currently and is more important for his club. Although Liverpool did semi-adapt to being without him with injuries, with him in the side they are becoming so reliant on him.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts