Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool's Spain striker, Fernando Torres, has issued a warning to the rest of the Premier League that he is getting back to his best form.

Fernando Torres, who scored 33 goals in all competitions in his first campaign as a Liverpool player, began the current season fairly quietly by comparison with one goal in the Reds' first five Premier League games.

But the 24-year-old former Atletico Madrid star has followed that with two goals in each of his last games - at Everton and Manchester City.

That showed he was resuming normal service, and he says there is more to come.

Torres feels that there was a reaction to playing for his country at Euro 2008, which he helped Spain win by scoring the only goal in the final against Germany.

"Me and the other players from the Euros started back in pre-season later than everyone else, and as a result weren't in the best physical shape," said Torres.

"Last year was very long for me. I played nearly 50 games with Liverpool and then went straight to the Euros. But I'm getting better each day and I'll soon be 100 per cent again."

And he is determined to build on the triumph he shared with Spain by helping Liverpool to win a trophy or two this season.

Torres explained: "It [the European Championship] was a great experience and the first big honour I've won. Now I know how it feels to win something like that, it makes me even hungrier to win trophies with Liverpool.

"I came here for that reason and hope this season will be better than last year.

"I believe we can win the Premier League or the Champions League. If we did that, it would be fantastic. We have started well, so there is optimism.

"But I'd be happy with just 20 goals if we won the Premier League or Champions League."

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
torres is a fantastic talent and the guy is going to score a lot of goals this season, fortunatley for us though there are too many problems with the scousers for them to mount a serious title challenge....great seeing them building the fans hopes us though... not enough quality for me esp. in the squad depth and they are going to fall away-same story as usual

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
This guy will be top scorer in the prem this year, if he gets injured then Liverpool are nothing to worry about.
But at 24 he is an amazing talent, i didn't think he would be this good.
He cost something like 22mil and thats a bargin when you think of what he will do for the club.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
he's a cracking player,and yeah i believe he will be a danger to us.he's still very young and is just getting better and better..the pool won't be nearly as good if he were out with an injury.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Everything is over before it begins when this guy here got injured..what if he didnt get injured? oh wait that sure sounds familiar..probably what the scousers think of us last season with Ronaldo...but we all know what happen next..Tbh, thats what worry me the most about him..Right we cant compare us to them and we are a not a one man team but we cant deny the fact that all it takes is a player like Ronaldo to bring on the spark and boost the rest of his teamates which seriously i can see that capabilities in Torres.

I wont be surprise if this season belongs to him but hope if that happens, just dont let it be Liverpool season as well..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts