Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUANDE RAMOS warned Chelsea & Manchester United last night: Dimitar Berbatov will cost £35million.
Tottenham's boss is desperate to hang on to his superstar striker. And he made it clear anyone wanting to buy him must shatter the British transfer record — the £31m Chelsea paid AC Milan for Andriy Shevchenko.

It was claimed this week the Sky Blues would go to £26m. But clearly that will not be enough. Ramos admitted: “I think a club would have to break the British record to sign Berbatov. “At this moment, we think Berbatov's value is more than that price. For us he's a very important player, not to say irreplaceable. We don't want to sell him. But everyone has a price.â€

Spurs hope their monster valuation of the Bulgarian will deter Chelsea, Manchester United and any other ‘big club' from an approach.
Ramos added: “It's not a question for me if a club can pay this. It's normal that, for a player of this level, they would have to pay such an amount because there are very few players of his class. “But I fully expect that, at the end of January, I will still have all my four strikers.â€

Chelsea have told Berbatov to prove he wants to play for them. Berbatov's representatives believe they have a verbal agreement on a 3½-year Sky Blues deal which would hoist his salary from £35,000 a week to £90,000.
But agents acting for the club are insisting the player should demand a transfer and force the situation. Avram Grant wants a new hitman in place urgently. If Berbatov's situation becomes protracted, Chelsea will move instead for Bolton's Nicolas Anelka. He would cost less than half Berbatov's fee.

So guys,what do you think? If u are SAF,will you take it or leave it.:confused:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
leave it.what the hell.Dimitar is a top player but is juande ramos asking us to clean out our account for one player when we need a right-back as well

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
IMO berba is not worth 35mil don't get me wrong he's top class but 35mil is way OTT i'd say 25mil is the highest price spurs could get for him

i fully expect him to move on this summer weather thats to us or someone else i don't know.....ramos is trying to put the price up as he knows he has no chance of keeping him at the lane

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest News Update guys. Spurs has lowered the asking price of Dimitar Berbatov to 31million pounds........after deciding that 35million pounds is simply ludicrous.
So now 31million pounds,what do ur guys think???

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Latest News Update guys. Spurs has lowered the asking price of Dimitar Berbatov to 31million pounds........after deciding that 35million pounds is simply ludicrous.
So now 31million pounds,what do ur guys think???
like i said in my earlier post...spurs are using the media to make it look like they are doing everything in there power to keep him we see this all the time when an half decent club doesn't want to look easy picking when the massive clubs come knocking....it's all a big smoke screen privately they know he's going but they just wanna save some face

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
no way will i take him for 31 mill.........id rather we buy benzema..hes younger and a better investment.....

and there i was thinking sheva was overpriced:rolleyes:

I

·
0 Posts
35 mil or even 31 Million is a waste for a good striker, cos he isn't a great striker by any means, why not we try to go for ibrahimavic from inter if we are willing to pay 30 mil, as we all know he is a world class striker and also 25 and a good target man, very strong and quick, so its a waste of money for this sulky bulgarian striker.

N

·
0 Posts
i think he should be able to... players get cup tied only because their former team is also in the same competition as the new team. not sure tho

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Berbatov's not worth 35 mil, no way! He is 25-27 mil at the most, tottenham don't want to sell so they put a stupid price on his head! I hope if we get a striker we get benzema from lyon, he is awesome! ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
There is no way we would offer £30M+ up front.

If we did bid for Berbatov it would be a staggered payment with bonuses for appearances etc or involve a player swap.

After the number of players we brought in during the summer I'd be surprised if we spent a lot during the January transfer window. I can see a loan deal or defender/striker costing a few million coming in but nothing more.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts