Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harry Redknapp just said that the FA cup tie with United is the "least of his worries" and that although it may upset the fans he's going to play a weakened team this Saturday to give the regulars a break and focus on surviving in the Premiership.

Good to hear, not that I was too worried anyways.:D

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
yeah, i saw it too.
i think that regardless of that, they hardly seemed to be in the right frame of mind after a poor performance and 120 minutes.
i bet the itv people are angry about picking this game, given our injuries and spurs' reshuffles.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
its amazing harry can come on tv and belittle the fa cup , when united field wek teams we get accused of not respecting the greatest cup competition in the world

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm a bit suprised by this really, like beating United in the cup could be exactly what they need to give em the belief to start playing well.

I think there's a possibility that he's just saying it to make Ferguson put out a weakened team too.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
All talk,we heard fergie say he's playing this n that in the past,then all the troops ends up on the pitch.
Exactly what I thought, all talk. And like you say, fergie does it plenty too. For example against Celtic at OT he was going to "rest Ronaldo." Then low and behold...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just saw on SSN that the FA rules state that a team must field the best squad that is available to them in the FA cup. So its probably a bluff from Harry, surely he knows the rules.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
gibby17 said:
Just saw on SSN that the FA rules state that a team must field the best squad that is available to them in the FA cup. So its probably a bluff from Harry, surely he knows the rules.
What :confused:

Thats dribble,managers/staff will just lie and say players are injured if thats the case........theres no law on what you HAVE to field????

·
Registered
736 Posts
Is this something like mind games....But SAF wont worry about this, he's the mastermind.....I think SAF will field out our strongest side even if Harry really want to fill out 2nd team...

·
Registered
601 Posts
TheFutureIsAnderson said:
Harry Redknapp just said that the FA cup tie with United is the "least of his worries" and that although it may upset the fans he's going to play a weakened team this Saturday to give the regulars a break and focus on surviving in the Premiership.

Good to hear, not that I was too worried anyways.:D

Mind games

Tottenham have spent o lot every season, do u really think tottenham wants to miss out on the cash

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
What :confused:

Thats dribble,managers/staff will just lie and say players are injured if thats the case........theres no law on what you HAVE to field????
That's exactly what I thought.

I doubt the FA can force you to play a specific team. And, in the past others have rested their players in the Cup but it hasn't been looked into.

·
Registered
199 Posts
manutd004 said:
That's exactly what I thought.

I doubt the FA can force you to play a specific team. And, in the past others have rested their players in the Cup but it hasn't been looked into.
I was just quoting Sky Sports guys. I never wrote the rule. But yea your right harry could just say "Defoe took a minor knock" and not play him, and I doubt it would be looked into.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
gibby17 said:
I was just quoting Sky Sports guys. I never wrote the rule. But yea your right harry could just say "Defoe took a minor knock" and not play him, and I doubt it would be looked into.
But that rule is an impossibilty.........the only thing they could do would be limit foriegn input,but even then you would human rights laws ect kicking off.....the FA DONT have say on team selection and that guy on SSN made a ridiculous comment.....

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I followed a link to an article on Football 365, and it had a paragraph on this "rule"

This is the source and it says;

"FA rules state that clubs are obligated to ensure that "each team shall represent the full available strength of each competing club" but the governing body yesterday indicated that Redknapp would not face sanction if, as promised, he selects a weakened team. "Undoubtedly, Tottenham will be selecting a team from their first-team squad," an FA spokesman said."

So I guess the rule states that you have to pick from players listed in the first-team squad, and not your strongest 11.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts