Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that most papers are full of (deleted) however, there is some truth buried in the pile.

I found an interesting link, indicating the accuracy of each rumor/paper.

The times led the way with a pretty solid 37.18% accuracy. Then there's nearly a drop of 10% for the 2nd place Independent. Carrying the rear is The People.

Here's the link:

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Manchester+Utd

I must admit, I'm surprised the Sun is in the upon the top 5.:rolleyes:

You only just fall into the criteria of "newbie now" so I am warning you NO SWEARING! You deliberately mispelt the word so as to make it appear. This is your first, and last, unofficial warning. = Red Devil.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
thedude said:
We all know that most papers are full of sh!t however, there is some truth buried in the pile.

I found an interesting link, indicating the accuracy of each rumor/paper.

The times led the way with a pretty solid 37.18% accuracy. Then there's nearly a drop of 10% for the 2nd place Independent. Carrying the rear is The People.

Here's the link:

http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Manchester+Utd

I must admit, I'm surprised the Sun is in the upon the top 5.:rolleyes:

Watch your language otherwise the mods will skin you like a carrot :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Does that take into account correct rumours kinda thing? rather than completed transfers. For example a paper could report that sir alex is after berbatov which is true but he ddn't come, so would that count as correct?

·
23,699 Posts
Surprising indeed. :eek:

Perhaps the tabloids circulate more rumours and thus fair 'better' by the law of averages. :D

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Tabloids, if they have no news, invent it. That has been common practice for many years. I can ring up the sports desk of The Sun, tell them I am a worker in the Conference Rooms at Old Trafford, for obvious reasons I cannot tell you my name, but I heard David Gill telling Carlos Quieroz that he is being allowed to go and talk to Lyon.

Tomorrow in The Sun will state that "Carlos Snubs United!!"

90% of rumours published in the press has no basis in fact.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies for the swearing, it was late and had a few in me. I donno what I was thinking

Anyway, if you follow the links of the tabloids, it illustrates the accuracy per club as well.

For example The Times is most accurate with Birmingham ( 44.44%), whereas The Independent is 60% accurate with the same club.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts