Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the mid late 90's transfer and player fees have increased in time. I would say player fees have spiraled out of order than transfer fees, but never the less transfer fees are also getting ridiculous.

You have to say sometimes that these players are getting paid 30+ thousand a WEEK. The luckier ones are getting 100 + thousand a week. Now i am saying luckier because these 100k + players are not really performing in every game.

Ok we cant forget the money the players bring in due to the advertising they help that give there club money BUT clubs are not guaranteed that they will make there money back. Just look at the clubs now, they are in real debt.

I here players and even past players saying there are to many foreign owners, but the reason there are to many foreign owners is because the current owners cant cope with the strict transfer and player fees and it puts the club in debt and new owners come by who ever they are.

If a club offered me 100k a week i would say "ok" and i think anyone else would. But clubs really need to get more strict about this globally. It needs to be controlled somehow.

I am really stuck on how anyone could control this, just wanted your views on how clubs could make the whole of football anywhere much more realistic about how clubs spend there money properly?.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tbh, my fear is that we've gone too far to suddenly try to bring wages back down and keep them there imho.

But I do agree that something needs to be tried. Money is going far too far in football nowadays sadly.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
the amounts that are payed to buy footballers these days are ridiculous

no anything in life deserve 60m and 60m is probably the whole amount in some developing countries

and now with the new owners and the ones like Abramovic and Al Fahid are raising the price of footballers in the market

but who knows :rolleyes: with the current drop in economy football priced may decrease :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do players get paid the whole amount of their wage if they still have'nt played for 1 or more games?

or

do they get paid some percent of their weekly wage, if they are not played?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Players are really stupid, they demand loads of money and when it comes to the really big games, they don't perform a lot of the times for example for England, they put a lot of pressure on themselves.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think the way forward could be to offer footballers a basic wage, then more bonuses, such as scoring bonuses, clean-sheet bonues, win bonuses etc.

It will make contracts more complicated, but then at least they only get all their wage if they perform.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Players get large wages yes, but they also have tax to think about, which is massive on footballers wages...

And not to forget the career is much shorter than that of any other worker, and usually leaves players with damaged legs for lives, they have to earn what they can while they can...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NoxiousD said:
Players get large wages yes, but they also have tax to think about, which is massive on footballers wages...

And not to forget the career is much shorter than that of any other worker, and usually leaves players with damaged legs for lives, they have to earn what they can while they can...
I know people who have been working in factories that need to carry heavy loads and work in extreme cold weather. They still walking and they are 50-60.

And they earn less that 20k a YEAR not a week.

Im sure with all the money that footballers earn, its enough to sort them out for life even if they earn 2K a WEEK not a YEAR.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think there should be come kind ov maximum wage per week for a player. They do this in rugby and it worked well. However it did take a while for them to adapt...

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I think the way forward could be to offer footballers a basic wage, then more bonuses, such as scoring bonuses, clean-sheet bonues, win bonuses etc.

It will make contracts more complicated, but then at least they only get all their wage if they perform.
I agree, I think it's a good idea. The ECB (English Cricket Board) have done exactly this with their centrally contracted international players. It gives players a kick up the arse and motivates them to play better. Aswell as obviously making the money-success ratio better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts