Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Manchester United fan (I maybe a little biased, I admit) I can't understand how any player would not like to play for us! We are professional in our dealings, take pride in our structure we provide, are loyal to players who are loyal to us, offer good wages and above all else…WE WIN TROPHIES! Plus playing for MU does wonders for anyone's profile…

…yet some players have openly said they would not want to come to MU. I say lets get players on board that really want to be here and hold desperately onto the players that have been loyal all thee years…I think that's important.

In other words, If Ronaldo doesn't really want to be here…let him go! I would feel awkward if he was forced to stay…knowing that he really doesn't want to be here. How can we expect him to do his best (even thou he is a model professional?), when his heart isn't in it.

And, as far as people like Berbatov…even with question marks over him, if he expresses a desire to play for MU than I reckon, give him a shot! I reckon all those issues surrounding his mentality could be sorted out by our professional environment. There will be no confusion over what is expected from him…that's for sure.

In conclusion…to every player out there…if you don't want to join the best side in the world fine…we don't need you lol…maybe one day you'll meet us at the top of competition ladder near you

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Its not the fact we're a bad club to be at, we obviously aren't

But some players can't handle the weather, or the long season without a winter break, or the physical nature of our game

Yes it sucks, but thats the way it is

·
Registered
550 Posts
Foreign players simply can't be expected to fall in love with the English game. Some do, but not that many. The weather and social scene will always be better in Spain etc.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well this is what think,

the majority of people in Asia see Man Utd as the biggest club in the world.

The majority of people in North America see Man Utd as the biggest club in the world.

Northern Europeans consider United to be the biggest/best.

For Africans I'd say we are the biggest in the world aswell.

But Real Madrid would be the 'dream' club for S.Americans, and Mediterranean Europeans (particaularly Iberians)

Ronaldo has actually opened up the likes of Portugal, Spain, Brazil, etc a lot to us. Before him we were massively behing the big Spanish and Italian clubs for players in the latino world. Now that gap is much smaller. The youngsters growing up there now see us as a valid option, and some would have become true fans (particularly in Portugal). Hell, even the likes of Nani and Anderson, players only a few years younger, were much more open to joining us than they would've been if Ronaldo hadn't come before them.

Unfortunately, Ronaldo himself is from the previous generation who didn't really have any heroes playing in this league or this club.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't think Ronaldo grew up dreaming of playing for Manchester United.
He grew up greaming of playing in the white of Real Madrid.

That's fair enough, but i what I find so disgusting is the way he has conducted his business in public with all those stupid innuendos.

I can accept that Manchester United might not be seen as THE biggest/most prestigious club in the world. that's fine by me, but what is not fine, is the way he has conducted himself.

Also, In Ronaldo's case, I do not believe he wants to go for sporting reasons, it's the weather, the city, the girls and the money.

I do not blame him, but I hate the way he's trying to achieve it and the signal it is sending to his team mates. I also don't want Anderson and Nani to be influenced by it.

I o not want us to become a stepping stone to Real Madrid or their feeder club!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
TheManc said:
Well this is what think,

the majority of people in Asia see Man Utd as the biggest club in the world.

The majority of people in North America see Man Utd as the biggest club in the world.

Northern Europeans consider United to be the biggest/best.

For Africans I'd say we are the biggest in the world aswell.

But Real Madrid would be the 'dream' club for S.Americans, and Mediterranean Europeans (particaularly Iberians)

Ronaldo has actually opened up the likes of Portugal, Spain, Brazil, etc a lot to us. Before him we were massively behing the big Spanish and Italian clubs for players in the latino world. Now that gap is much smaller. The youngsters growing up there now see us as a valid option, and some would have become true fans (particularly in Portugal). Hell, even the likes of Nani and Anderson, players only a few years younger, were much more open to joining us than they would've been if Ronaldo hadn't come before them.

Unfortunately, Ronaldo himself is from the previous generation who didn't really have any heroes playing in this league or this club.
good post dude..
Ya the gap has definitely shortened in recent seasons, the money in the Premiership is far superior to any other league! in the last few seasons we've seen English teams dominating the latter stages of the Champions League, this used to be dominated by the Spanish teams and Italians before them but they seem to have fallen behind!!

Alot of players fear the premier league, look at what happened to well established players such as Veron, and Shevchenko.. their careers were ruined by the style of football..

Ronaldo will b the 1st world player of the year the league has had in my memory.. (did Michael Owen win the Ballon D'or one year??) .. hopefully this trend will continue and as the power shifts the traditional drive to play in Spain may shift to England.. it was always Italy they went to then Spain and its slowly shifting to England

It takes time for traditions to change kinda like saying Miles instead of Kilometres! the likes of Tevez, Anderson, Mascherano, Torres, etc... are starting the new tradition and as they have success the glorified and sought after league to play in may well be England!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Its probably all to do with the weather! :p

Its not anything to do with the club. Its really the weather, the culture, in some cases, the money we offer (yes, we do offer great money but if a club like Chelsea or Real Madrid are in for a player, they can offer more), and the language.

South Americans for example, most countries speak Spanish or Portuguese, and of course Portuguese is a lot closer to Spanish than it is to English.

But we will sign players, and there will always be a lot players who want to join us.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Suprisingly alot of Brazilian's (the rich middle class) can speak fluent english, Kaka for example leant to speak English when he was young :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Portugal and Spain are very alike, the weather ,the language ,the cultute, the history and the way football is played. It has nothing to do with Manchester not being as important as Real Madrid.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Ando2008 said:
Suprisingly alot of Brazilian's (the rich middle class) can speak fluent english, Kaka for example leant to speak English when he was young :)
Funny that you say that cos they reckon in ten years the brazilian team will be near all white as the scouts are now scouting the schools where the posher (whiter!) kids go and all of the federation academies are linked with the schools.. so this might well work out in the premier leagues favour in the future..

I also feel the global warming may be in our favour!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts