Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Stephen said:
Shouldn't worry? Shouldn't worry?

It's time for worrying when we've gone all season with 2 strikers, and neither of those two are natural strikers. (Rooney and Tevez obviously).

Manucho isn't proven at any sort of high level so no-one knows how he will serve in the United squad at the highest posible level.

Macheda is nowhere near good enough for the first team yet, nor will we even consider him when the time comes around in a few months.

Campbell is likely to be a first team squad member, and looks a class act from his spell at Hull. However, he is not really a player we would like to be relying on to come in for a tired Rooney on a rainy away night at Middlesbro'.

Out of all the positions, it's centre-forward we need ffs!
No strikers yet we are still top of the PL and favourites for the CL, funny huh?

Agree with Macheda, not good enough yet, Campbell is still not good enough IMO but Welbeck could be.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Our options are fragmented to say the least.Our main priority is a CF and Berbatov would be a great signing,but SAF is looking for someone with a bit more spark and that person was Benzema,but it looks unlikely that we will sign him.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
RedForceRising said:
Just to remind everybody WE WERE GOING TO SIGN BERBATOV! David Gill wanted to complete the sale of Ruud van Nistlerooy first before signing Berbatov.

Berba knew that Utd were serious but Gill kept asking him to wait - In the end he felt Spurs wanted him more and signed for Spurs.

Players from the EPL I admire and think would make our squad better:

Berbatov Maybe ?
Lennon Spurs wont sell
Hutton I dont thiink he's United Quality
Gerrard No No No !!
Torres No way SAF will buy
Carvalho no idea....
Cech VDS and Foster are good enough
Drogba Will move but not to us
Anelka End Career at Chelsea
Bentley We have ronaldo
Sagna Wenger wont sell
Richards ???
Petrov ???

·
Registered
488 Posts
Berbatov --- arrogant and lazy... NO NO NO
Lennon --- pacy, might fit in, if got Lahm, he's out
Hutton --- a good player but not good enough for United
Gerrard --- scoucers not welcome
Torres --- scoucers not welcome (he rejected us before)
Carvalho --- UGLY
Cech --- Good (unlucky goalie who met in weird accident)
Drogba --- Don't think he will join us
Anelka --- plays in too many EPL teams... No loyalthy... (Worst then dog)
Bentley --- too slow, United might be too fast for him
Sagna --- not yet proven on his abilities... a season is not enought to prove anything
Richards --- Solid defender... Welcome but is he willing to play in subs?
Petrov --- pacy old man whose services will be limited soon

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sparkic said:
A transfer within the EPL...umm we really aren't linked with anyone but I wouldn't mind Bentley swap with Fletcher or a Brown for Hutton kind of deals lol And a Saha Berbatov would also be okay but very unlikely
Oh yeah, I wouldn;t mind Bentley either! Would free up Ronaldo to do even more damage!

There's another thread about transfers within the EPL, so I'm not going to repeat all the plyers I adminre here, but the top 2 POSSIBLE transfers I would like to see happen are:

1. Bentley
2. Hutton

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Justice said:
No strikers yet we are still top of the PL and favourites for the CL, funny huh?

Agree with Macheda, not good enough yet, Campbell is still not good enough IMO but Welbeck could be.
Funny?

Thank God for Cristiano Ronaldo.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts