Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Giggs believes the 2007/08 season could be deemed as a failure for Manchester United.
The Red Devils took the Premier League title and the UEFA Champions League crown, but that was not enough for their Welsh winger.
The veteran midfielder believes a glorious repeat of the 1999 Treble success was in United's grasp, only to see those dreams dashed by Portsmouth in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
He told Zoo magazine: "That grates with us because the treble was possible last season. We should have beaten Portsmouth in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
"Strangely, that took the shine off the season for some of us. We knew we wouldn't have a better chance of doing the treble again."

Motivation

With last season now resigned to the history books, Giggs has outlined his ambitions for the current season - conquering Europe once again.
He added: "I want to defend the Champions League trophy successfully this season.
"That's something nobody has done since it changed its format. That's the motivation for all of us."

----------------------------

Its easy to look back,but you never know what would have happened,we may have qualified in FA Cup,but the recieved an injury blow,which would leave us short.....Im more than happy with last season :cool:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
He's right.....we had the chance! Really make incredible history! BTW, whats he doing with Zoo? :p lol

But you never know what might have happened if we did make it to the FA Cup
final...players tired....long journey to Moscow...fatigue.

Put it like this, I wouldn't risk going back in time and beating Pompey at OT and
then see what happened from there! :eek: lol

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
the double trophies were more than enough for me last season

we didn't have the best squad among the other teams and yet we won the league and the the europien cup due to some factors and luck

to win the treble we need to have a complete squad like in 99 with more than one world-class player in every position so loosing one player you will have other one makes up for it

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i really feel bad when we got drop off the FA cupp..

we got that chance because chelski arsenal and liverpool all got dropped
if we didnt lose the penalty.. we might have been the champions and
the secound time treble!!

but let us look forward..
enjoy man! we won the 3rd Big ears and 10th premier!
Did the Double!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We won the double, so saying it was a disappointing season is really being very, very pessimistic imho.

Its easy to look back and say that we could have won the treble if we'd got through against Portsmouth. But who knows what would have happened?

Injuries may have occured and affected us badly, the games may have been too much for us, etc, etc.

And also, things would have probably worked out differently.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Well we got double and our main rivals got nothing so I'm very happy.

If chuski, babysenal or scumpool would have won FA cup then, I would be disappointed but let's make history this year by winning all four cup (Premiership, FA cup, C1, Carling cup).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts