Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Community Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup-lost game. THREAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

We've won the 1st trophy of the season, but how many more can we win?
Put your predictions in........
example:
To Win-1,2,3,6

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
[

1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Charity Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

example:
To Win-1,2,3,6
1. Vodacom Challenge
2. Charity Shield
3. Super Cup
4. Fifa Club World Cup
6. Premiership.

The FA cup and CL has too much luck involved for me to predict us to win it.

I've never been so excited about a new season than th is one, we can equal Liverpool's record, we can win back-to-back CL's, win the FA Cup - which I have a new found 'wanting' for, we can become World Champions and then there's loads of 'little' trophies like the Communty Shield, Super Cup ect.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
We've won the FA Cup once since 1999. Magic has gone from it but it's my favourite competition out of the whole lot.

FA Cup and the league for me.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
1. Vodacom Challenge

2. Charity Shield

3. Super Cup

4. Fifa Club World Cup

6. Premiership

The first 4 are pretty straight forward, the Cl will be too tough and the amount of games will take the toll on what i think isn't a big enough squad.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nemanjaaa said:
the Cl will be too tough and the amount of games will take the toll on what i think isn't a big enough squad.
:confused: but its exactly the same squad as last season......

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
1. Vodacom Challenge

2. Charity Shield

3. Super Cup

4. Fifa Club World Cup

6. Premiership

The first 4 are pretty straight forward, the Cl will be too tough and the amount of games will take the toll on what i think isn't a big enough squad.
Premiership, straightforward? You are joking :rolleyes: We have to be the best over 38 games, that isn't straightforward. It means going to Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull, Stoke - teams like that where it will be a hard game, and teams which only turn up for the visit of Man United.

United's support is well spolit if this is how they view the league. It's not a formality.

You could then say the same about the two cups. Win 6 games and we win it.

Plus, as Jazz said the squad is the exact same as last season, with Possebon, Campbell, Evans from the kids, and the signing as promised.

Zense_United said:
i want it all!! its gonna be a great season though
Thank fook you weren't alive in the 70's and 80's :eek:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Charity Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

example:
To Win-1,2,3,6
1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Charity Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Charity Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Stephen said:
We've won the FA Cup once since 1999. Magic has gone from it but it's my favourite competition out of the whole lot.

FA Cup and the league for me.
As a kid, I always thought the FA Cup was the most important trophy of all. FA Cup Final days just had another level of importance to anything I can remember in the 80's.

You had the suits, the full day grandstand coverage, the Wembley band, the Twin towers, royalty, national anthems.

My 1st United final was 1990 and i remember it being one of the best feelings ever just to be in the final, nevermind winning it.

For this season, I would gladly take same again as last. To equal Liverpool record would be amazing and everyone's talk would be of then numbers 19 and 20.

When we won the title in 93 would anyone had thought we would be in this situation 15 years later where we are close to equalling a record we were nowhere near.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1.Vodacom Challenge
2.FA Charity Shield
3.UEFA Super Cup
4.FIFA Club World Cup
5.League Cup
6.Premier League
7.FA Cup
8.Champions League

We will win all of them and remain undefeated the whole season in all competitions. Never say never and remember that impossible is nothing. I just hope we don't get injuries which will really hurt our campaign. I think we can have the best season in history. (Just bring in a clinical striker!!)

Realistically I think the only one we cannot win is the League Cup if your youngsters stuff up again but this season I think they really can win it because players like Martin, Simpson, Eagles, Possebon, Campbell, Evans, Gibson, Cleverley look good. But a mixture of first team and reserves like the last time we won it would be good imo.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I care of nothing other than the title and the Champions League, the FA cup just isnt worth gambling our efforts on when there's too many good teams around challenging for the more important tournaments, its become a concelation prize and I'd bet a top 4 team wont win it again this year

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
TheManc said:
1. Vodacom Challenge
2. Charity Shield
3. Super Cup
4. Fifa Club World Cup
6. Premiership.

The FA cup and CL has too much luck involved for me to predict us to win it.

I've never been so excited about a new season than th is one, we can equal Liverpool's record, we can win back-to-back CL's, win the FA Cup - which I have a new found 'wanting' for, we can become World Champions and then there's loads of 'little' trophies like the Communty Shield, Super Cup ect.
I would agree with that actually.

Its also very, very hard to win back to back CL's, as many teams have found out. But it can be done. It needs a lot amount of luck, as you say.

The Charity Shield, Super Cup and CWC will be hard games, though they are definitely winnable.

The Premiership is the bread and butter tournament, especially now that we can equal, and then beat the Poo's record. Its a hard trophy to win, having to play 38 games, but its the most satisfying to win for me.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Imagine if we actually won all 6! :rolleyes:

That would be magical!...

I just await the day we walk up the steps of Wembley to collect an FA Cup...

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
Imagine if we actually won all 6! :rolleyes:

That would be magical!...

I just await the day we walk up the steps of Wembley to collect an FA Cup...
I agree.

I would love to see us win the FA Cup again, but it does contain a huge amount of luck and is less prestigous, to the bigger clubs at least, than the Premiership and Champions League.

I would be ecstatic if we won all 6! :D

But its near enough impossible (though we can always dream ;))

1 - 20 of 68 Posts