Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Pink Football

Arsene Wenger's frustration with the slow development of once-teen sensation Theo Walcott may lead the Arsenal boss to send his young forward out on loan.

Walcott, who joined the Gunners from Southampton for £12 million at the age of 16, has so far failed to fulfill his potential. Another damningly marginal performance in Tuesday's 5-1 Carling Cup thrashing at White Hart Lane may prove decisive in Walcott's immediate future at Arsenal.

Wenger had already admitted the previous week that the young Englishman has not made the progress expected of him.

"There is a gap here between playing in the reserves and our first team. So I try to loan them to another club, to get them ready," said Wenger.

Yet it remains to be seen whether a loan spell would bring Walcott upto Arsenal first-team standards. The frustration of returning to the Arsenal reserves once given a taste for regular first-team football has led many a Gunners loanee to make the move permanent.

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
If Stuart Fleetwood leaves Forest Green then there looking for a new striker.

I cant belive Sven took him to world cup.

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stoke to ask for Walcott

Source: Sky Sports

Stoke City will ask to take Theo Walcott on loan, but do not expect to sign the Arsenal teenager.

Reports have claimed that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger may allow Walcott to spend the second half of the season out on loan.

The teenager has yet to score in the Premier League for Arsenal since joining the club from Southampton two years ago.

He has netted in the UEFA Champions League and Carling Cup this term, although Wenger insists he is happy with the 18-year-old's progress.

A loan move could enable the England cap to gain valuable experience, with Stoke ready to make an approach.

"We will enquire, but I guess he'll want to stay in the Premier League," Potters chairman Peter Coates told BBC Radio Stoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts