·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayern Munich v Sporting, (agg 5-0), 19:45

Juventus v Chelsea, (agg 0-1), 19:45

Liverpool v Real Madrid, (agg 1-0), 19:45

Panathinaikos v Villarreal, (agg 1-1), 19:45

----------------------------------------------

The first one is a foregone conclusion, Bayern are going through.

The rest are touch and go. An early goal is vital for Madrid I think. If Liverpool score then they'll be going through I reckon. Same with Chelsea, already 1-0 up and an away goal would seal it.

I'd expect Villareal to beat Pana, but it's in Greece so home advantage will play it's part.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Essien could start against Juve and Camoranesi is out for Juve.

I think Madrid might do something against 'Pool tomorrow though. Hopefully at least.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
come on madrid.. hope they win and we draw against them.. that would be my dream draw.. still unsettled when we faced them last when becks got 2 goals

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Bayern Munich v Sporting, (agg 5-0), 19:45 - bayern go through obviously

Juventus v Chelsea, (agg 0-1), 19:45 - chelsea just edge a draw imo and go through.

Liverpool v Real Madrid, (agg 1-0), 19:45 - I think the scousers pull of a result and dump franco fc.

Panathinaikos v Villarreal, (agg 1-1), 19:45 - villareal goes and beats panathinaikos and goes through.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Firstly Bayern Munich through, obviously.

Juventus Vs Chelsea: Even though Juve are playing at home Sissoko & Camoranesi are out.

I don't think Juve can replace them easily. Unless Giovinco can play on the right.

If he can I'd love to see him play Chelsea. Without Gio there'll be no creativity on either side.

With Del Piero the obvious exception. On hard graft I'd expect Chelsea to grind out a win.

or at the very least a 0 - 0 draw. You never know though.

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid: I'm going to pick the Spaniards to go through this time.

Of course that doesn't actually say anything because both teams are more or less Spanish.

Even if Torres is fit you have to remember he's never scored against Madrid.

Who knows Los Blancos could spring a surprise. Huntelaar might score.

Panathinaikos Vs Villareal: Not even gonna try predicting this. Rossi is in exceptional form.

I don't know whether Nihat will play but he's class. Senna will be crucial. Villareal are the better team.

On paper & on the pitch. Senna, Capdevilla, Carzola, Rossi, Nihat & Lorente are all top players.

That said the only thing Panathinaikos have going for them is home ground advantage.

However in Greece that can be more than enough to win a match. Home turf could be the decider.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
bayern will probably lose in portugal but go through
i cant see madrid winning at anfield
Chelsea are going out to the tinkerman
villareal will be other side through

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Bayern - Sporting 2-0
Juventus - Chelski 1-0 (2-1 Extra Time)
Liverpool - Real 1-1 ( I want United to play the Madrid mob :( )
Panathinaikos - Villarreal 2-1

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Bayern could send out their youth team and still go through.

I think Juve have a decent chance of causing an upset. They'll have to keep it very tight at the back though because, as zuco said, a goal for Chelsea and the tie is over.

Real Madrid have no chance imo - without Van Nistelrooy and Huntelaar I don't think they'll have the firepower to outscore Liverpool at Anfield.

I reckon Panathinaikos will get the result they need in Greece. I was impressed when they managed to finish above Inter in the group stage and you underestimate them at your peril.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
bayern will prob field a below strenght team and maybe lose 1-0 or draw.

Chelsea Juve is tough to call.

I dont see dippers being knocked out to be honest. Madrid were quite disappointing overall in the first leg, reina was hardly troubled bar the robben shot. plus its at anfield and stevie g will be starting. thinking 0-0 or 1-0 dippers

pana vs villareal... hard to say, villareal need to score to progress as the greeks have the away goal and home advantage. possibly an 8 goal thriller???

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Liverpool vs. Real Madrid

Scousers are in a pretty good position to progress in the next round, but it's never sure when you play Real, not even at home. We know Rafa's record in the CL, but tonight is the 2nd half of the match so anything can happen. How do you reckon this game will finish and which team will go to the next round?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scousers are in a pretty good position to progress in the next round, but it's never sure when you play Real, not even at home. We know Rafa's record in the CL, but tonight is the 2nd half of the match so anything can happen. How do you reckon this game will finish and which team will go to the next round?
I'll merge this one with an existing thread Martin. Football threads don't go in The Pub :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Chelski will have the toughest task going to the Del Alpi and holding on to that 1-0 from the bridge and i can see the scousers,who have a ***** home record being the upset of the night,Madrid to win 1-2 and go through on the away goal rule,i live in hope anyway !:rofl::thumbsup:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Madrid to win 1-2 and go through on the away goal rule
That would be brilliant if it happened but Liverpool are always so cautious in the Champions League that I think Real would do well to score once, never mind twice.

Hopefully, I'll be proved comepletely wrong and they'll batter Liverpool 3-0. :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My predictions:

Bayern Munich v Sporting, (agg 5-0), 19:45 - Obviously - Bayer go through

Juventus v Chelsea, (agg 0-1), 19:45 - If Chelsea score - they will go through. Otherwise Juventus.

Liverpool v Real Madrid, (agg 1-0), 19:45 - 1-1 here :(

Panathinaikos v Villarreal, (agg 1-1), 19:45 - It is very difficult to beat Panatinaikos at home. Panatinaikos will go through

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Bayern will obviously go through. Sporting might get a draw or a victory in this game, as Bayern may play a weakened side and they might not be too bothered about this game anyway, because of the fact that Bayern have such a big lead.

As for the other 3 games, they are all very, very close and very hard to call imo.

When the draw came out, I posted that I thought Juve would go through against Chelsea so I'll stand by that. It's very close to call, and Chelsea have the lead. But in Italy it'll be hard for Chelsea, though if they manage to get a goal they'll go through.

For Liverpool-Madrid, sadly I think Liverpool will go through. Madrid need a vast improvement on their performance in the first leg and I can't see them going through, thought hopefully they can. If they do, it will be on away goals imo.

As for Villarreal and Pana, I would expect Villarreal to get through but Pana could spring a surprise.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts