Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Bayern could send out their youth team and still go through.

I think Juve have a decent chance of causing an upset. They'll have to keep it very tight at the back though because, as zuco said, a goal for Chelsea and the tie is over.

Real Madrid have no chance imo - without Van Nistelrooy and Huntelaar I don't think they'll have the firepower to outscore Liverpool at Anfield.

I reckon Panathinaikos will get the result they need in Greece. I was impressed when they managed to finish above Inter in the group stage and you underestimate them at your peril.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Madrid to win 1-2 and go through on the away goal rule
That would be brilliant if it happened but Liverpool are always so cautious in the Champions League that I think Real would do well to score once, never mind twice.

Hopefully, I'll be proved comepletely wrong and they'll batter Liverpool 3-0. :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I flicked over to the Chelsea game as soon as Liverpool scored their first goal because I thought it was a foregone conclusion after that.

Shortly after changing channels Juve took the lead and I thought we could be in for a great game. It's a shame Chelsea scored just before half-time because that changed the tie.

There was plenty of controversy in the game with the goal that never was, the sending-off and the penalty. The officials looked like they didn't know what was going on half the time and because of that the players, fans and commentators didn't either!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts