Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I don't know about anyone else, but I could use a break from the 1-0 nerve rackers we've had recently.

Southhampton and Derby should provide the kind of fixtures both we, the fans, and perhaps the players need right now. A chance to rest for some, an opporunity to shine for others - a time with little of the pressure of the PL, CL or even the WCC.

While it is always possible that these games might be close, we should beat so'ton easily with our second team and the derby game is just the first semi-final leg. But I am looking for the team to really break out now, play with some style and enjoy themselves in these next two.

I would like to relax for a couple of games...After all, its only nine days 'til chelski. :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I expect wellbeck to start against Derby but not against Southampton.

And Im also expecting Fabio's debut and also Tosics too

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I think we'll see against S'ton a starting attacking line with Tevez and Welbeck with Manucho coming in during the game, if the game is in our way.
It will be very interesting to see these 2 games because Sir Alex will sure give a rest to the starting players:)...realy realy interesting games:D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could one of our fab moderators correct my thread title typo. A thousand apologies!

Thanks.:D

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
I think we'll see against S'ton a starting attacking line with Tevez and Welbeck with Manucho coming in during the game, if the game is in our way.
It will be very interesting to see these 2 games because Sir Alex will sure give a rest to the starting players:)...realy realy interesting games:D
Fergie sayed Ferdinand and Tevez will miss the trip to Southampton

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
marty davidson said:
Fergie sayed Ferdinand and Tevez will miss the trip to Southampton
Yeah...i remembered now that Tevez is in Argentina and won't return in time for the game. sorry, my bad:)...now it's clear:D i think we have a big chance to see Welbeck and Manucho as starters

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
Yeah...i remembered now that Tevez is in Argentina and won't return in time for the game. sorry, my bad:)...now it's clear:D i think we have a big chance to see Welbeck and Manucho as starters

I dont think we will see Manucho I think he will be sold in the summer Fergie hasnt even given him a sniff of the bench since the stoke game .

As for wellbeck I think he may well go for Berbatov and Rooney and rest both for the Derby game.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hopefully we'll get through without any injuries (depending on who plays) and some players who need games get them.

We should beat both, even with weakened teams. After all, Southampton are in a relegation battle in the Championship and Derby aren't doing greatly either.

Hopefully we'll see Welbeck, Manucho (I doubt we'll see Manucho but hopefully,) Fabio, Evans, Possebon etc get games, as well as other first-team players, such as Anderson, Nani etc. Hopefully we'll play a mixture of young players and more experienced players.

And hopefully we'll get a few goals along the way, but as long as we win with good performances I won't care too much. After all, Cup games are just one-off games.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really want to see Welbeck, Possebon, Fabio, Manucho and Tosic play. We will most likely see the first four but I think Fergie said something about Tosic having not played since 10th December so I think his debut looks unlikely.

I still regard the FA Cup (not higher than Premiership and CL though :p) and Carling Cup (we've got this far and we do seem to be favourites now) to be of high priority so I think we should try and put out a team that isn't too inexperienced.

Yep, I agree, time to sit back and enjoy.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
It'll be good for players like Ronaldo to get a rest aswell.

I'm hoping we play a mixture of youth and experience, similar to how we've been using the Carling Cup, although I'd like to see Wellbeck get a full 90 minutes.

Fabio is fit now and has trained for the last few weeks, I would LOVE to see him.

Seeing Fabio, Rafael and Evans in our backline would be very exciting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
TheManc said:
It'll be good for players like Ronaldo to get a rest aswell.

I'm hoping we play a mixture of youth and experience, similar to how we've been using the Carling Cup, although I'd like to see Wellbeck get a full 90 minutes.

Fabio is fit now and has trained for the last few weeks, I would LOVE to see him.

Seeing Fabio, Rafael and Evans in our backline would be very exciting.
fabio could turn out to be a left winger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts