Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thomas "Django" Metzen, a German ref - a clown. Finally he got his 15 minutes of fame he's been looking for.

Well thats what you think after watching this clip and hearing how the German Fed gave him a warning.

I read somewhere that he got a ban but on other places I read he didnt get a ban but a warning...one silly thing more and your history.

Is this the Collina effect? Collina was a great character and had charisma. He was a good ref and hit the headlines and got a movie star rep and now so many wants to do a Collina amongst the refs. I wish they focused on being the best ref ever. Thats what they forgot about Collina, he was a great ref first of all.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Thats strange why didnt he do what every ref does and just brandish the yellow twice .

Like you say it seems he wants to noticed.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
At the end of the video clip, you see the managers and one of the players on the receiving end of the yellow card being interviewed.

The player said "It was efficient, psychologically well thought out and the ref should keep on doing it" before giving a cheeky look to the interviewer. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts