Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds bizarre, but i still have belief.
Why do i have belief? Two words; Points Deductions.

I was gutted watching the game earlier; i really thought arsenal would nick it at the end to send the league into mystery right up until the last day, where Utd would come up against an impressive Hull side battling to avoid the drop. This did not happen, Utd got another result they didn't deserve, and i felt as sick as the rest of us. Until it dawned on me; there is STILL a way for Liverpool to win the league.

7 points away, only 6 available. To the normal eye that appears impossible, yet not to my eye. Look this season at the likes of Southampton, Luton and Stockport who have suffered points deductions this season which have hampered their ambitions and masked some good performances throughout the season. Take Luton for example, a points deduction has made people believe that they are a poor footballing side who deserve to be playing in the conference. In fact no, they would be mid-table if it was not for their deduction.

I'm unsure what Luton have to do with the point I am making, but I am just posting to make you aware that points deductions, while they may be very unfair and undeserved, occur very often in football. So why might Man U not get one? Anyone can be victim to a points deduction; just look at Southampton, now in League One after being in the Premier League not so long ago.

If Utd were docked just 3 or 4 points we would be in a really strong position to lift the Premier League trophy this season. Im not an expert on this kind of thing, i prefer to maintain my interest at the players on the pitch, so does anyone know the different situations and circumstances a club can be docked points? Administration, inelegible players etc. Utd may have done something down the line that people have not realised is illegal yet. Just look, Carlos Tevez plays for them - that has got to be something to look into seeing his history.

Fellow reds, still believe! We can win this.
YNWA.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:11:11 by NickDS »
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NOTE: Someone else posted it on on the FCUM forum where I got it so no idea which LFC forum it came from.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Do these idiots have any idea how foolish they make themselves? Any Liverpool fan with some self-respect would distance themselves from these type of Idiots. Man Utd fans are laughing at them because of the crap they come out with, and I'm sure most people would too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That post is 100% real and came from my forum. It is embarrassing. Needless to say everyone, including Liverpool fans, have been taking the piss.

The guy is a very new member but his other posts seem to point to the fact that he is a genuine Liverpool supporter. I wanted to lock and/or delete it but it's still there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.