Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing that people followed and posted on the thread I opened about the European u-21 tournament, I'm opening a new one for the u-20 world cup, so that we can comment our thoughts and everything here!

I don't know that much about u-20 squads and players, but what are the best squads in your opinion? And who are the players who we should watch out for? Comment your thoughts and predictions here!!

Qualified teams are the following ones:

GROUP A: France, Ghana, USA, Spain
GROUP B: Cuba, South Korea, Nigeria, Portugal
GROUP C: Turkey, El Salvador, Colombia, Australia
GROUP D: Mexico, Greece, Paraguay, Mali
GROUP E: Chile, Egypt, England, Iraq
GROUP F: New Zealand, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, Croatia

The tournament kicks off this friday with these matches:

Cuba - South Korea
France - Ghana
USA - Spain
Nigeria - Portugal

·
The Great Dane
6,422 Posts
Denmark are really missed in this tournament. Unfortunately Portugal had bought the ref in the game two weeks ago.

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (FC Bayern) Youngest player to ever play for Bayerns first team.
Patrick Olsen (Inter)
Andreas Christensen (Chelsea)
Viktor Fischer (AFC Ajax)
Christian Nørgaard (HSV)
Kenneth Zohore (Fiorentina) (His father is Drogba's cousin)

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
United players in this tournament: Cole,Johnstone,Thorpe (England),Henriquez(Chile) and Varela(Urugoay)

Spain seems to be the biggest name as usual with the stars in the making in Deulofeu,Oliver Torres and Jese

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ager Aketxe is a friend of mine, he's short compared to Kondogbia and other more known players...
But he's good with the ball and has a decent vision, let's see if he plays and how he does!!
I don't expect him to play too much though, having Oliver, Suso, Saul, Jese, Deulofeu....

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Colombia should be right up there too with France and Spain. Maybe Chile too. England hit by withdrawals/ injuries and U21's too much probably.

Colombia won the South America U20 championship and then reached finals at Toulon too, slightly unlucky losing to Brazil.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
U20 World cup started Today.

Cuba vs Korea being shown here and guess what Cakir refereeing.

Still makes me angry that smug face of his.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
U20 World Cups are impossible to predict.

Nearly every nation involved has a strong team, and there are always unpredictable hidden gems on show.

France have the most complete squad, but Spain have the best attack.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
France won 3-1. Kondogbia scored.

Spain won 4-1. Deulofeu scored a brace.

Portugal won 3-2. Bruma brace.

All the star players firing in the goals.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Deulofeus speed is out of this world.
Defenders couldn't see him all match long... him, Jese and Suso are 3 great players to have in your attack.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
Deulofeus speed is out of this world.
Defenders couldn't see him all match long... him, Jese and Suso are 3 great players to have in your attack.
Deulofeu is the closest thing to Messi that Barcelona have produced. If he can sort his attitude out and use that arrogance in a positive way, he'll be a regular fixture in Barcelona's front three before long. Ability wise, he's ridiculous. He just needs to become a team player. I think he'll guide Spain to the final.

Suárez of Man City is some player as well, from what I've seen from him in Academy games.

Is Juanmi too old to play?

·
898 Posts
Jese can be a decent transfer target if he (very likely) can't make the step up to Real's first team soon.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
Jese can be a decent transfer target if he (very likely) can't make the step up to Real's first team soon.
Morata and Jese will go the way of all Madrid prospects before them i.e. move to a smaller club and rise to stardom. Negredo, Mata, Eto'o and Soldado were all let go. Foolish.

·
898 Posts
Morata and Jese will go the way of all Madrid prospects before them i.e. move to a smaller club and rise to stardom. Negredo, Mata, Eto'o and Soldado were all let go. Foolish.

It would be smart from us to take advantage out of it.But again many clubs will head their noses to those two.Jese is a better prospect than Zaha I suspect (of course they have different styles but still).

We've been linked with Jese in the past,so it's safe to assume that we're still monitoring him.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deulofeu is the closest thing to Messi that Barcelona have produced. If he can sort his attitude out and use that arrogance in a positive way, he'll be a regular fixture in Barcelona's front three before long. Ability wise, he's ridiculous. He just needs to become a team player. I think he'll guide Spain to the final.

Suárez of Man City is some player as well, from what I've seen from him in Academy games.

Is Juanmi too old to play?

Nope, Juanmi can play if I'm not really wrong, but he hasn't been chosen... I think it is because he has been on loan with Racing Santander, and has only played one game this whole year!! A loan gone bad I guess, and that's the reason why he is not playing.

And totally right about Deulofeu... That arrogance is the main reason why he's not been given more minutes with Barcelonas first squad. They've been thinking of a loan to another La Liga team so that he gets some game time and starts to learn that football is not about playing your match.

I'm always impressed by Suso, not because he's good, cause I knew he was, but he does anything that comes to his mind, he tries everything and he is technically really gifted. Then Denis Suarez is a really useful player too, as you said! Oliver Torres looks really good and they say he's going to be amazing (I'm more skeptical about this one.... ), Aketxe, Saul... Campaña is a really good contention midfielder... Pretty interesting team... and that without Jonas, Juanmi, Ruben Pardo.

Btw, where have you been?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
It would be smart from us to take advantage out of it.But again many clubs will head their noses to those two.Jese is a better prospect than Zaha I suspect (of course they have different styles but still).

We've been linked with Jese in the past,so it's safe to assume that we're still monitoring him.
I'd say Zaha and Jese are equal prospects right now tbh. Both are 20 and Zaha has also already won the Championship player of the year in a league which is probably better than whatever Jese has played so far.

Deulofeu and Oliver are the biggest talents in this group of Spanish players from what i've seen so far.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matches for today:

Colombia - Australia
Mexico - Greece
Paraguay - Mali
Turkey - El Salvador

1 - 20 of 78 Posts