Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
France have a lot of players starting for top clubs like Juventus, Sevilla and Lyon. This probably feels like an exercise until they face some real competition. I'm sure they'll step up their game against Spain, which will be a real test for them.

Zouma, Digne, Umtiti, Varane, Sakho, Pogba, Kondogbia, Sanogo, Sissoko, Griezmann and Laczazette should see France through the next decade.

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
anyone catch Brillante's goal for Australia this morning? really bad result for us, but some hit.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
Henriquez just won a penalty for Chile against England.

England need a serious overhaul of their youth system after a disastrous summer in two major European youth competitions.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
Henriquez just won a penalty for Chile against England.

England need a serious overhaul of their youth system after a disastrous summer in two major European youth competitions.
Put your extensive football knowledge to use here and tell me if you think European teams are at a slight disadvantage to other continents at this tournament because we use U-21 as the level below seniors and therefore have to call on younger players to play here than a team like Chile for example.

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
Cole looks so good in just 10 minutes.Make me wonder why he was on the f**king bench in both matches while the likes of Adam Reach start.

Barkley has been easily England's best player.Put him and the like of Pott in the same team is really a shame.

Happy to see Thorpe played the full match btw.Next season will be very crucial for our trio here.

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
Put your extensive football knowledge to use here and tell me if you think European teams are at a slight disadvantage to other continents at this tournament because we use U-21 as the level below seniors and therefore have to call on younger players to play here than a team like Chile for example.

Butland - Wisdom,M.Keane,Dier,Shaw - Chalobah,Hughes-Powell,Barkley,Redmond-W.Keane

This should be the (arguably) strongest team.Only Dier and Barkley are available for selection due to various reasons.

Morrison could do a job here as well.He,Barkley and Cole would be fantastic to watch.

·
First team regular
8,204 Posts
England aren't doing that well at tournaments are they, U21's sucked, and U20's haven't registered a win yet. Hope they beat Egypt.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cole looks so good in just 10 minutes.Make me wonder why he was on the f**king bench in both matches while the likes of Adam Reach start.

Barkley has been easily England's best player.Put him and the like of Pott in the same team is really a shame.

Happy to see Thorpe played the full match btw.Next season will be very crucial for our trio here.
Given the strength of our youth team and U21s, the foreign influence aside, it's a little mystifying why they have featured so little in these tournaments. Our academy has and still produces among the best english technical players that are well equipped to perform well (or better than many others at least) in the international game.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
England out of the World Cup, and just like the U21's didn't win a single freaking group game. WTF....

Well doesn't really matter. What matters is if the lads learn something. That is why it is most frustrating watching England - we'll make the same mistakes in the next game (giving the ball away cheaply, poor decision making in the final third etc etc).

41 - 60 of 78 Posts