Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great start from Brazil beating Slovakia 6-1 with a hat trick from Mosquito 2 from Nathan and 1 from Caio. This is without the highly rated Kenedy from Fluminense or Gabriel from Santos in the starting line up. The standouts for me were Nathan, Abner and Mosquito

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mosquito. Great Name. :LOL:

Apparently Liverpool are very interested in signing him.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mosquito. Great Name. :LOL:

Apparently Liverpool are very interested in signing him.
He had a lot of hype around him a couple of years ago when he scored 11 in 7 games in the South American under 15s including 5 against Bolivia but has missed a lot of club football due to complications with his contract with Vasco de Gama, he was supposed to be signing for Sao Paolo but is with Atletico Paranense now so Im not entirely sure what happened with his contract other than it being a mess and him missing a lot of football because of it

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Impressive Japan today. I watched the game, and they look great in every aspect of the game except defense and finishing plays.

Midfield looks extremely worked by the coach, and players look to have been playing together for ages, when they're only 17. Every player is well above average in technical skills, football understanding and decision making. They lack a striker that can help them finish those 1000 chances they created today, because today they beat Venezuela, but so many misses inside the box will cost them in the future games. Also, defenders have to be a little bit tougher, they wanted to play every ball instead of sending it away, and they lost it in dangerous places a couple times.

Watanabe, that guy that played in the left, looks great, great pace, great understanding of the game, and knew what to do at every moment. I also liked the midfielders (both the holding and the attacking ones), their oriented controls were sweet and perfect every time, and their through balls were pretty accurate too, and they also knew where to appear in second line when wingers had the ball.

@Oddman Have you followed them lately? And do you know who the coach is? I think he's done an incredible job with the team. Specially offensively speaking.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Impressive Japan today. I watched the game, and they look great in every aspect of the game except defense and finishing plays.

Midfield looks extremely worked by the coach, and players look to have been playing together for ages, when they're only 17. Every player is well above average in technical skills, football understanding and decision making. They lack a striker that can help them finish those 1000 chances they created today, because today they beat Venezuela, but so many misses inside the box will cost them in the future games. Also, defenders have to be a little bit tougher, they wanted to play every ball instead of sending it away, and they lost it in dangerous places a couple times.

Watanabe, that guy that played in the left, looks great, great pace, great understanding of the game, and knew what to do at every moment. I also liked the midfielders (both the holding and the attacking ones), their oriented controls were sweet and perfect every time, and their through balls were pretty accurate too, and they also knew where to appear in second line when wingers had the ball.

@Oddman Have you followed them lately? And do you know who the coach is? I think he's done an incredible job with the team. Specially offensively speaking.
I watch them on occasion, though I don't follow them as closely as the senior team. Followed them in 2011 when Minamino was called up. Watanabe is quite the talent, though not that well established and somewhat underrated. He's a regular highschooler, not on contract with a pro team's academy, discovered through highschool tournaments and called up to rep Japan.

The Manager is JFA staff. I think the real brains behind the scenes is head coach Takahata, who coached and managed pro team Kawasaki.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nigeria won after beating Mexico 3-0 in the final and setting a new record with 26 goals. Some very good players in Musa Muhammed the captain an attacking right back, Musa Yahaya a n attacking midfielder who is only 15 and Kelechi Iheanacho another attacking midfielder who finished the tournament with 6 goals and 7 assists and won player of the tournament.

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if most of the Nigerian were over the age limit
I think it's getting much harder to play overage players these days. Africans are just naturally more physically developed at a young age. If they have the technical ability to go with it at that age, there's no stopping them.

Lukaku at 13/14 looked like a man. He's of African descent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts