Quarter-final 1: Arsenal FC vs Liverpool FC
Quarter-final 2: AS Roma vs Manchester United
Quarter-final 3: Schalke 04 vs FC Barcelona
Quarter-final 4: Fenerbahce vs Chelsea FC

Winner of QF1 vs Winner of QF4
Winner of QF2 vs Winner of QF3

I'm pleased with United's draw. but......Chelsea rigged it once again!! :D

Here we go Rome!! ;)

United will be away in the first leg on 1/2 April with the return leg at Old Trafford on 8/9 April. :cool:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Champions League Quarters! Ahh Ha Ha!!! Man United Vs Roma & Chelsea Vs Fenerbahce!!!

I DON"T BELIEVE IT!!!:D :D I thought that Totti crying at Old Trafford would be once in a lifetime! Before the draw I hoped and prayed for two ties. Man United/Roma was one but Fenerbahce vs Chelsea was the one I was truly gunning for. I truly, truly believe Fenerbahce can beat Chelsea and I will personally cater for Zico's birthday if he pulls it off. Incidentally the other ties aren't too bad mostly. Liverpool Vs Arsenal. Finally see if the Scousers Champions League form extends to English teams outside of Stamford Bridge. Barca play Schalke, big let off there for the Catalans. Still Roma of all teams.:D

·
23,699 Posts
Oh dear, not again.

More concerned for the travelling fans :eek: than the results :cool:.

In any case, deja vu or not, this is the stage not for the faint-hearted. The eventual champion have to have the self belief and be prepared to beat everybody else in one breath to clinch Europe's most prestigious trophy. Think we should not be too wary of our opponents but ourselves. And the only way to do it is to do it...

Oh and plenty of LUCK!!:)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
:eek: i am little afraid of roma but they will taste our skill even thought i am sick of them it will be 6 times withen one year we face them but now we have

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Roma have learnt alot from last year at OT.There wnt be a repeat of that, they played very well at the bernaboa (however you spell it lol)...

still cant see that many problems though.Chelsea lucky again!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i afraid i would see 2 cautious teams playing. the memories of last season would sure haunt roma, but we in the other hand, would also think that there would not be a repeat of last season's result

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
They'll have learned their lesson. I expect the Rome leg to be ridiculously tight. Roma will be looking to bag 1 goal and then stop United grabbing the precious away goal. I predict maybe a 1 - 1 in Rome. I see a repeat of Lyon. What a dour game that was, both of them. As for the return leg I think we can expect an even more defensive game from Roma. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up exactly like the Lyon tie right down to the scoreline.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
this is a pretty tough tie , we're gonna have to perform away from home in this round none of this 4-5-1 BULL **** !!!

Chelsea ***** how did they pull that one off! I was hopin they'd get barca!

We'll avoid the english teams til the final assuming we can take barca!!..

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Manchester United Happy With AS Roma Draw

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=621552

Manchester United club secretary Ken Ramsden was happy with today's Champions League draw that sees them pitted against AS Roma.

The two teams have already met four times over the past 12 months, with the English champions famously thrashing Roma 8-3 on aggregate at this stage of the competition last year.

The clubs also met in the group stages this campaign, with Man Utd winning at Old Trafford, and the game at the Stadio Olimpico finishing as a draw.

“It's a good draw,†said Ramsden.

“As a fan I'm glad we're not playing an English team, it loses that flavour.

“We are away first which will please the manager. We have a good record against them so there's no reason why we should be afraid that's for sure.â€

Ramsden also commented on the possible security concerns, following the nasty scenes that marred last year's match in Rome.

“We are hopeful that everything will work well, “he said.

“If the fans follow the advice they're less likely to have a problem. That's the key message even at this early stage. If they do what they are asked to do they will be fine.

“This season the Roma club put free buses from the city centre into the stadium. Those that used them had absolutely no problems at all. Those who went to the groundindependently, one or two had a problems.â€

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
good draw. was hoping for chelsea to get arsenal but meh im happy

should be able to turn roma over again. but they shouldnt be underestimated. i mean they knocked out real madrid.

im still trying to work out who i would rather see go out. scousers or le arse

who would you guys prefere?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts