·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GK: Petr Cech (Chelski)
DF: John Terry (Chelski)
MF: Fat Lampard (Chelski)
FW: Cristiano Ronaldo (United)

I'll give them Cech and Lampard maybe...but John Terry over RIo Ferdinand ?! I think UEFA blown it ! !

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
They're a joke.

Possibly Cech. But Lampard?

Bloody hell. Gerrard was better than him last season.
Essien was Chelsea's best midfielder!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Cech deserved it. Lamps not so much but he was very good. Terry? Sure footed as a mountain goat wasn't he?

From now on Terry shall be named Mountain Goat. I proclaim it so.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I cant believe this has cheesed me off but it has......:rolleyes:
3 Chelsea players????ffs what a joke. Even after Terry slipped and ****ed it up
he STILL gets the award.
What a joke. Its funny cos you could tell it didnt mean much to the players.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
What a total and utter **** up! This is an atrocity and I am so ******* ****ed off that the organization that is in charge of football in Europe continue to bestow these awwards based on reputation NOT performances.

Peter Cech is a great keeper, but did he really perform better than Iker Casillas?

John Terry is a very good defender, but surely Rio Ferdinand's performances throughout the last two seasons in the league and especially in Europ have been colossal and superior to Terry.

Frank Lampard wasn't even Chelsea's best midfielder. I think he got the sympathy vote because of his mom.

UEFA is a total and utter joke. Michel Platini is a total and utter joke.
Sepp Blatter is a total joke and according to Andrew Jennings, is responsible for a lot of shady deals.

That's not my opinion or the opinion of this forum, that is the opinion of Andrew Jennings as expressed in his book, Foul!

UEFA IS A FARCE - that's my opinion though.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i knew lampard was gonna get picked...surprised by terry and cech though...i thought vida was the best defender of the CL...and frankly lampard is the main midfielder overthere - and out of all midfielders top scorer so-hardly a surprise for me - he was on the scoresheet in every almost every other match so it's hard to pick scholes or carrick over him, because goals count for more....had that not been the truth ronaldo wouldn't be "officially" the best player in the world...it's mainly because of the goals so i don't know why you're so surprised

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Terry's lucky he slipped. His hit the ball before he slipped, so he was missing even if he didn't hit the deck

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Cech.....maybe just deserved it
Terry......UEFA felt sorry for him
Lampard......no chance did he deserve it

Surprised Sheva didn't win forward of the year! :rolleyes:

I don't really care TBH, they're fairly meaningless awards handed out to eat up
some time in th eactual draw show. Nice to see 2 United Legends on
stage....Peter and Sir Bobby that is!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Hahahahahaha. Nice one.

So where are the real results because this is obviously a joke.

Come on guys.

You're not serious are you?

Oh...

OK.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
IMHO is sould of been

Petr Cech
RIO FERDINAND
Paul Scholes/Cesc Fabregas
Cristiano Ronaldo

HOW THE HELL did Terry get it seriously ? Are they blind, good panel them lot are ... ;) I mean Rio was immense and he get's no recognition. He should of got the england captaincy too. I hate Terry so much.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
This prove that football world is corupted and that football is not fair
**** FIFA **** UEFA **** Ibramovic money

·
Registered
26 Posts
John Terry & Lampard.... what an absolute joke, never did they deserve the titles of european player of the year for their positions...

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
not bothered tbh, stupid awards , theres no point getting worked up about who got what because at the end of the day it doesnt really matter.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
yeah lets not get too concerned, though I was raging earlier lol.
They may have won some personal awards but we won the BIG prize itself
and those Chelsea players will NEVER forget that.
European Champions is all we need :)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I don't mean to sound like an ass but I think the only reason Terry and Lampard got it was down to sympathy.

Terry for missing the penalty and Lampard because of his mum - don't take that the wrong way, but after the Liverpool match there were pages and pages of Lampard being a 'brave hero' and all that.

It should have been:

VDS: Remember his performances vs Sporting and Roma (a)? Plus his faultless performances vs Barca.

Rio: This 1 speakes for itself. Roma (a), Barca (a), Barca (h) - he was incredible those games. Very good in the final aswell.

Fabregas: Ran the show at the San Siro and vs Liverpool. I hate the guy but he was incredible, especially vs Milan.

Ronaldo - Don't really need to comment.

You may think I'm being biased but if I remember rightly last year Kaka, Seedorf and Nesta (i think) all won the awards.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts