1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Zenit St Petersburg v Rangers, Final, 19:45

Since we had a 'Rangers' thread I figured it was only fair to have one
for the 2 teams. The final will be in Citeh's stadium and hopefully it will be a good game.
All discussions about the game to go here.

Zenit fans snap up Uefa tickets

Rangers fans hopeful of obtaining tickets for the Uefa Cup final have been told their Russian opponents will be taking up their full allocation:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7384512.stm

Russians help Zenit's final plans

Zenit St Petersburg will not play another game until the Uefa Cup final after the Russian Football Federation cleared their fixtures:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7382099.stm

The Scottish dont seem interested in helping Rangers out, which leaves Rangers
with a huge fixture pileup. Zenit on the other hand have been told that they can
play 2 of their games next month instead, which will sure benefit them greatly
for the final (see story above)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I tried to get tickets for the UEFA Cup Final when all the English teams were still in. Glad I didn't get any though because they were all knocked out in the next round!

I don't usually watch the UEFA Cup Final unless there is a British team in it (I always watch the Champions League Final) - Celtic's 3-2 defeat against Porto a few years ago was very entertaining. Boro's 4-0 demolition by Sevilla not so entertaining!

I hope Rangers win simply because they are British although I won't be too bothered if they lose simply because they are Scottish! :D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'll be pulling for Zenit the whole way! This game is all about Joga Bonito (Zenit) Vs Anti Football (Rangers). Remember Cantona says "Play Beautiful".

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I'll be pulling for Zenit the whole way! This game is all about Joga Bonito (Zenit) Vs Anti Football (Rangers). Remember Cantona says "Play Beautiful".
haha...but Rangers is a good team!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big screens for ticketless fans

Football fans who do not have tickets for the Uefa Cup final next week in
Manchester will be able to watch the game on big screens around the city

This is a fantastic idea. Hopefully Manchester will get the finger out and do the
same for the CL final by showing it all over the City AND at OT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7389433.stm

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
will be a tough match and will be tough to predict the winner....hopefully zenit win.......hate rangers..never liked 'em.......but dunno much about zenit tbh other than arshavin!!!!....
i say a 2-1 to zenit... :D
(hope zenitka is happy)

·
Banned
198 Posts
I think ZST Petersberg may nick it. Rangers are exhausted from a long season, ST Petersberg are halfway through. Rangers had a game a couple fo days ago, a game tomorrow, then another game midweek and another game on the next weekend... =7 days 4 matches.. what?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not going to comment to much because most of you will have seen my comments in the Rangers thread.

But I hope Zenit win.

And I'm not even going to mention Rangers' behaviour :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
It will be cheerful, when the UEFA-cup will be won with a command which goes on last place in the championship of Russia. Well not on the last place, and almost on the last place.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Alekk said:
It will be cheerful, when the UEFA-cup will be won with a command which goes on last place in the championship of Russia. Well not on the last place, and almost on the last place.
Anti-advertising!

Zenit ia the best Russian team!

You is from Russia and you is against Zenit....not good.. Spartak never such success achieved :rolleyes: :p

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
:mad: :mad: dick advocaat says he cannot have any black players in his side as the fans wouldnt like it !!!! this team is a disgrace and should be chucked out now . we will have these bigots in manchester soon so lets treat them with the contempt their racist bodies deserve !!! . zenitka i hope you give these fans stick for that type of stuff as quite frankly the only good place for a racist is in the past . apparently they are throwing bananas at black players from other russian teams .

i just heard all this on talk sport and it makes the blood boil . just like the buffoons in spain at spanish gp with hamilton .:mad:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
haggler said:
:mad: dick advocaat says he cannot have any black players in his side as the fans wouldnt like it !!!! this team is a disgrace and should be chucked out now . we will have these bigots in manchester soon so lets treat them with the contempt their racist bodies deserve !!! . zenitka i hope you give these fans stick for that type of stuff as quite frankly the only good place for a racist is in the past . apparently they are throwing bananas at black players from other russian teams .

i just heard all this on talk sport and it makes the blood boil . just like the buffoons in spain at spanish gp with hamilton .:mad:
Yes!You are right!Russia have many racists.:(

They are sick people. :mad:

I dont approve racism.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good girl . britain 30 years ago was the same . hope your generation make those people understand racism stinks .

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
haggler said:
good girl . britain 30 years ago was the same . hope your generation make those people understand racism stinks .
My generation is even worse. Everywhere violence and an alcoholism... and addicts...:mad: :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well....I think that Zenit will win,bec. they are good team with nice football.
2-0...Arshaven and...hm...Anykov...
What happens with Lombaerts? Why it doesnt play?
Zenitka answer please.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts