Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roma & Barcelona Ultras Target Man Utd Fans At CL Final - Report

The Champions League final could turn nasty off the pitch as Italian authorities expect Roma and Barcelona ultras to target Manchester United hooligans...

Italian authorities are fearing the worse for the Champions League final between Manchester United and Barcelona in Rome on May 27 as Blaugrana and Roma ultras are planning to form an allegiance to attack Red Devils fans on the night, according to reports in Italy.

La Repubblica claims an investigation by Italian magazine Panorama suggests the Italian DIGOS (Division of Special Investigations and Organised Crime) are fearing trouble before and after the event. The report suggests authorities are aware of plans which will see Roma ultras become allies with the 'Boixos Nois', who are Barcelona ultras, so that they can riot against Manchester United's 'Men in Black'.

The Stadio Olimpico in Rome has been notorious for violence every time an English side has gone there to play. Manchester United fans encountered trouble there last year when they played Roma in the Champions League. Arsenal fans also ran into problems earlier this season.

The Rome final is under threat and UEFA as well as Italian authorities will be reaching for the panic button following the latest reports. Gianni Alemanno, the Rome Mayor, tried to reassure the public that everything was under control earlier this week, but Panorama's revelations are likely to cause some concern.

Roma & Barcelona Ultras Target Man Utd Fans At CL Final - Report - Goal.com

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing but a shower of scum bags. The Italian game is rife for hooligans at the moment. The Ultras have a big say with their respective clubs aswell.
I mind watching the Danny Dyer show showing the real football factories and the Italians were crazy and intimadating, but not the worst.
There was one Serbian Guy who really creeped me out in that series though, He buggered a rival fan and was a hero for it. :thumbsdownsmileyani

I don't mean to cause any offense to Skele or any of the other Serbian members on here. I love you lot, yous gave us Vida

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
when somebody posted a thread saying he is going to rome without a ticket i immediatly stated there would be trouble and basically stay at home and stay safe , i was instantly shot down by the younger geezers on here and from a guy in australia telling the person there would not be trouble { i don't know what planet they live on }.
there has always been trouble when british sides play in italy these youngsters think because utd are playing barcelona there won't be a problem :D:D , the problem is caused because of the fact italy is full of italians and your standing on their streets and believe me some innocent person or child will receive a beating to remember or a lot worse.
and these people without tickets who receive beatings don't get any sympathy from me they deserve it for being so dumb most just go to get drunk and hopefully find trouble, play safe go down your local or throw a party its cheaper and a lot safer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
when somebody posted a thread saying he is going to rome without a ticket i immediatly stated there would be trouble and basically stay at home and stay safe , i was instantly shot down by the younger geezers on here and from a guy in australia telling the person there would not be trouble { i don't know what planet they live on }.
there has always been trouble when british sides play in italy these youngsters think because utd are playing barcelona there won't be a problem :D:D , the problem is caused because of the fact italy is full of italians and your standing on their streets and believe me some innocent person or child will receive a beating to remember or a lot worse.
and these people without tickets who receive beatings don't get any sympathy from me they deserve it for being so dumb most just go to get drunk and hopefully find trouble, play safe go down your local or throw a party its cheaper and a lot safer :thumbsup:
Its all scaremongering mate, they did the same before the 2006 world cup and nowt happened, the same before moscow and nowt happened. Doubt anything big will happen.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Its all scaremongering mate, they did the same before the 2006 world cup and nowt happened, the same before moscow and nowt happened. Doubt anything big will happen.
common sense tells you nothing will happen in moscow the ruskies won't mess about they will shoot you , the italian police like giving beatings and the italian yobs in rome are very notorius .:police:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Is that Lazio?
yeah.
personally, i am gonna keep my wits about me all day. keep with my mates and thank the lord there's a booze ban. if there wasn't i would be tempted to get plastered in the sun, but for safety's sake i'm getting in that ground early, keeping in a large group and not causing any trouble. i may be a kid, but roma isn't the place to f*ck about

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Roma and Barca can have their "ultras" they just dont know that every manc thats going is a thug :p
Thug or not, if you're outnumbered, it's pretty straightforward.

yeah.
personally, i am gonna keep my wits about me all day. keep with my mates and thank the lord there's a booze ban. if there wasn't i would be tempted to get plastered in the sun, but for safety's sake i'm getting in that ground early, keeping in a large group and not causing any trouble. i may be a kid, but roma isn't the place to f*ck about
I doubt there will be much trouble before the game, but afterwards, I'm not so sure. Roma are on their home turf, and spanish fans aren't big on drinking, unlike you brits. It will depend on the numbers the police put on the streets, really. And if Lazio also get involved, I can definitely see confrontations in two week's time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was there in 90 for world cup and thats when the hatred started they hid behind the police because the police were as bad and the english got no protection so had to fight but it was isolated mostly in big groups of loud fans plus the press were all too eager as well .if what happened in rome the last 2-3 times english clubs played there if it happened in england there would be a ban on english clubs from europe.im still going with my son i will just keep away from anything that looks like trouble.and i got to say i saw nothing at all in moscow and herd this same stuff being branded. i do think if there is trouble from roma fans they do get banned all italian clubs

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.