Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with vidic getting sent off at the W.C.C., he is now banned for the first leg of our game vs inter.
i think this is a ridiculous decision, it was an exhibition tournament , played outside of europe , it should have no bearing on our domestic or european games.
just like players picking up league bans for offenses committed in pre-season.

yes the players are expected to play by the rules and indiscipline should be punished, a fine would be a better solution.
the decision to carry a ban over to our next euro game could be potentially fatal to our season.
surely something has to be done about this stupid rule.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
the tournie is still sanctioned by FIFA and they have to carry a ban to another comp.They won't do the Prem and if we were out of the Champs leauge he would have got the fine.Its a ridiculous rule i agree but they are there and we just have to go to the San Siro with pride and passion and do them regardless.TBH though its out Attack that worries me the most!!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
them and fergie would have known consequences of getting sent off before going over there.

vidic was an idiot for raising an elbow to any player but a south american???

wouldnt have been so bad if the tournament wasnt a complete waste of time!!!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Vidic definitely knew it was an official match. Silly of him to get sent off in a match that wasn't too important, really.

No the thing that confuses me is this. The Club World Cup is sanctioned by FIFA.

So why is Vidic being banned in the Champions League which is run by UEFA?

Shouldn't he be serving an International ban i.e. Matches controlled by FIFA rather than UEFA? :confused:

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
UEFA is a confederation of FIFA....and been as it was a club match he has to serve a ban for his club.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Is everyone here SURE he IS suspended??

I was watching MUTV yesterday and they were repeatedly saying that they'd bring
you the latest news, be it a 3 game ban or none at all...

...I don't think he IS suspended though, although UEFA are set to look into it I
believe! :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Agree with you completely Keano. I bet it is a FIFA decision. They want clubs to take it seriously and not for what it is - a mickey mouse tournament. The prize money given out was amazing though, Adelaide United got $2.5m AUD for beating an African side...bit of a joke.

Z

·
0 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Vidic definitely knew it was an official match. Silly of him to get sent off in a match that wasn't too important, really.

No the thing that confuses me is this. The Club World Cup is sanctioned by FIFA.

So why is Vidic being banned in the Champions League which is run by UEFA?

Shouldn't he be serving an International ban i.e. Matches controlled by FIFA rather than UEFA?
:confused:
The rules state that any ban would be served under the FA that they are representing, in our case we were the Champions League winners so we were representing UEFA.

It would be a bit silly to receive an international ban for offences committed whilst playing for your club don't you think?

He deserves a ban in my opinion. A 3 game ban would be harsh, but 1 game is fair enough because he deserved the red card.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Take the red-tinted specs off.

If Gerrard got sent off in the world club final, and never got suspended or punished then you'll all cry out saying they all love Liverpool.

Vidic deserves a ban.

·
Registered
4 Posts
-zuco- said:
He deserves a ban in my opinion. A 3 game ban would be harsh, but 1 game is fair enough because he deserved the red card.
I think he deserves a 3 game ban, he elbowed another player in the face.
And got a straight red card so why isn't it an automatic 3 game ban ? :confused:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Stephen said:
Take the red-tinted specs off.

If Gerrard got sent off in the world club final, and never got suspended or punished then you'll all cry out saying they all love Liverpool.

Vidic deserves a ban.
Agreed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts