Sheff Utd/Middlesboro v Cardiff

United v vPortsmouth

Bristol Rover v vWBA

Barnsley v Chelsea

Z

·
0 Posts
Bloody hell you don't waste any time do you? :eek:

Typical Chelsea getting the easy draw while we get yet another Premiership team. Glad we're at home though :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-zuco- said:
Bloody hell you don't waste any time do you? :eek:

Typical Chelsea getting the easy draw while we get yet another Premiership team. Glad we're at home though :)
28 seconds after the end of the draw I had the thread up, lmao .... ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
All I wanted was for us to be at home. We beat Pompey recently at OT so hopefully we'll get a similar result in the FA Cup.

Let's hope Barnsley can carry on giant killing!!!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
chelsea are annoyingly jammy if we get them in the final and lose that is ridiculous the run theyve had there

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Another PL club.. :rolleyes: Oh well nvm, at least we are at home again. We shouldn't have too much trouble beating Portsmouth.

·
Registered
62 Posts
FA Cup sixth round draw

“The ties will be played on the weekend of 8th and 9th of Marchâ€

FA Cup sixth round draw

Manchester United will face Portsmouth while Chelsea travel to Barnsley in the sixth round of the FA Cup.

Barnsley have been rewarded for their shock fifth-round victory over Liverpool with a home tie against Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter-finals.

The Tykes beat Liverpool 2-1 in a surprise result at Anfield and now take on Chelsea at Oakwell after Avram Grant's side knocked out Huddersfield Town in the last 16.

Manchester United were drawn at home to fellow Barclays Premier League side Portsmouth, while at least one side from outside the top flight will be in the semi-finals after Bristol Rovers were drawn at home to West Bromwich Albion having knocked out Southampton in the fifth round.

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough will host Cardiff City in the remaining match.

The ties will be played on the weekend of 8th and 9th of March.

draw in full

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Bromwich Albion

Barnsley v Chelsea

::
http://manutdtv.net/index.php?p=25
::

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Portsmouth can be very aggressive, thats the worst draw they could get, now they have nothing to lose. The African connection there is still of great quality, thats something we got to be wary of, but our defence shld be able to cope with that.

Porstmouth have come so far in the competition, so i dun think they will give in easy.
Last time we meet at old trafford, we won the game too easily, but fa cup tie could be very different, the players just cannot be complacent

Anyway, as long as it is home draw, and we play to our potential, even chelsea will come crawling back

·
Registered
23 Posts
I F***ing knew we would get portsmouth as they are they are the toughest team we could get (we cant draw chelsea because they only play non PL teams or extremely low level PL teams)

The balls are rigged!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
In a way I think its great we get a better side to play in the cup rather then some stinking non-league teams.

Not long ago teams with a fading glory played lower division teams and humiliated themselves. I think the whole squad prepare themselves differently when they face Pompey then when they got a team like Bristol Rovers. And with a big squad its good that more players gets involved to play competetive games and not just some crappy game where the game is over after less then 20 mins... like what happened Saturday in the cup. :p

So it was yet another great draw for us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I thought we would get Chelsea but its another premiership team surprise surprise:rolleyes:
Pompey at home should not be much trouble.
Another easy one for Chelsea.....
It's shaping up to be a repeat of last years final, where we had Prem teams all the way through and then lost it in the most miserable final ever.
This year will be our year...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
akash_reds said:
we should think of this as a positive......we didnt get chelsea at stamford bridge did we??????
Spot on.

That was the only draw I didn't want.

I was actually hoping Chelsea would draw Pompey at Fratton Park but I'm sure Barnsley will give them a good game.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts