Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to world biggest bet stores,we are favorites no1 for Champions League trophy 2008:

Manchester United 7:4

Chelsea 3:1

Barcelona 3:1

Liverpool 10:3

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Liverpool were 3-1 on Wednesday. Perhaps the boardroom unrest has lengthened their odds slightly.

United are favourites quite simply because we are the best team left in the competition and have the best player in the World on our side. We are top of the Prem, have already beaten Chelsea and Liverpool (twice) this season and Barca's form this season has been sketchy at best.

Unfortunately, the best team does not always win cup competitions and we will need some luck (with injuries and on the pitch) and 3 terrific performances if we are to lift the trophy.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Depending on injuries, if we have Vidic and Rio fully fit I'm confident we'll beat Barcelona. I Messi recovers things will be hard but he will be lacking match fitness. That said even if Vidic or Rio isn't fit I think Pique is capable of handling things. Wouldn't that be Ironic? A Barcelona youth product helping knock them out of the cup. Just like them playing against Fabregas back in 2006. Boy, Barcelona really do give away way too many good youth players.

·
Registered
488 Posts
So what if Messi is back... It will not make any difference, we still beat them with ease, they are playing so badly in La liga right now.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I might actually be tempted to bet all the money i got (£150 :rolleyes: ) on us winning the CL. I could use the money.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we have a good chance at winning because we have had the better season than the 4 teams.....pool had the worst.....but it can change any time though

·
Banned
96 Posts
a tough one i dont want scousers in final cause if we get beat ill be gutted but on the other hand

:D

me and my mates in moscow with a load of other mancs against the scousers ?:eek:

world war 3 !!

would be class !

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's hard to say...very hard...i just hope that if we win the tie with barcelona...we don't lose against our rivals in the final..that would be a nightmare:(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Odds dont mean much in this case...... They cant compensate for a mistake
by a player or an official.
There are 4 teams left and we would be slight favourites as we have the
strongest squad and are playing the best football.
There are 4 teams left and ALL of them are capable of winning it on their day.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Of course we are favs we are the only champions of the final four and we are the only one who tops our league so it makes sense

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
We will need one away goal in barca to have a chance of going through , league form goes out of the window this is the cup.
Just look at the scousers record , they have been rubbish in the league but have been better in europe , mind you they have been out of the running for the league in all those years and had the luxury of resting players just for europe.
Barca have been rubbish but this is their chance to redeem themselves,and football fans being fickle all will be forgiven if they get to the final.
If united approach it right we should beat them , but im not counting my chickens just yet, we have been dumped by lesser teams in the past

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
stretty said:
im not counting my chickens just yet, we have been dumped by lesser teams in the past
Agreed and in the semi's as well.......Still cant get over how we didnt beat
Leverkusen ffs :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Agreed and in the semi's as well.......Still cant get over how we didnt beat
Leverkusen ffs :rolleyes:

To be honest with you jazz I believe we should of but lets not forget leverkusen were a very good team at the time with lots of great players .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, we may be favourites for the final but that doesn't mean its easy.

I would much preferred to have played Liverpool in the final, as Chelsea are a better team and harder to beat.

But just because its a hard game doesn't mean its not winnable. Imo, we will win, as I don't think anything will stop us this year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts