Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any United fans in Tennessee. I moved over here because of a football scholarship and I have met a few United fans but not too many. At the weekends I am in Nashville and my girlfriend just got rid of her extended channel package on her cable so we now have no Fox Soccer Channel. CLEVER GIRL THAT SHE IS. I am looking for other supporters to catch games with and possibly start a small supporters club, I know that Dan McGuiness have Setanta sports and show some games, although at the weekend they are not open till 12.

Give me a shout if there is anyone out there who can help me with my need for football.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate, but they all seem to be in the North of the States around the New York area where there is a larger Irish settlement. I'm in the dirty south.

G

·
What do supporters clubs do? Are these just places to watch games and stuff?
Obviously different branches do different things but in the main they..

Have get togethers in pubs/bars etc.
Organize places to watch games.
Keep supporters up to date on anything United.
Help with one united memberships.
Help with travel and/or tickets if coming to OT.
Give details where to buy merchandise etc.

Probably lots of other things as well.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Yes I think its to have a bit of craic with fellow reds and I also think some supporter clubs arrange to go over to United matches. In ireland anyway
Damn, that sounds fun, everybody I used to watch games with is either dead, or way too far away, I might join the one out in Walled Lake.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Damn, that sounds fun, everybody I used to watch games with is either dead, or way too far away, I might join the one out in Walled Lake.
Main reason I liked the shoutbox actually. Getting to watch the games with fellow Reds without hitting reload every 3 seconds.:eek:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm Google(ing) for supporters clubs in/near Chicago and I've not had any luck. You think there would be something...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts