Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Manchester United are being helped towards the title by The Premier League, that is the view of Chelsea manager Avram Grant.

The Blues are incensed with a fixture situation that sees them play their rescheduled clash at Everton on April 17, just three days after they play Wigan.

Both games come before Chelsea meet Manchester United in what could be a title decider, and Grant feels The FA have handed the champions a massive advantage with the decision.

"I don't understand why we need to play on Thursday when we play Monday against Wigan and we have also the Champions League," Grant said.

"I think that's unfair, I think when you come to the end of the season you need an equal situation for all the teams. Now they have an advantage over us.

"Of course when we come to the game we will do everything to win but I think it's unfair what is happening and I don't understand why. I think we need to fight it in any way we can."

Chelsea are also determined to let every fan know that the decision was made by The Premier League “solely on television grounds and as a result of the Premier League board failing to resolve schedule issues between broadcasters.â€

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think grant meant just the EPL justice (i think :eek:)....but he may have a point in the case of the match changing because the television people wanted it so....that is ridiculous.....every game has to be played so that there is no congestion....and that is difficult and it made more so by the broadcasters.....it should not be so.....

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
United v Villa on whatever date it is played, has nothing to do with Chelski; depending on success, we all play the same number of games per season; minimum 40 - max ???

·
Registered
590 Posts
The only un-fair advantage United have over Chelsea is being a better team. When it comes to having fixtures moved around, especially for TV, United suffer far more than anyone else. I've lost count of how many of our games have been sky-jacked this season alone.

Avram, you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument pal!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
That is what a squad is for. Are they saying they cannot rely on other players to beat Wigan. Players like Mikel and Ballack, Sheva etc. Pathetic.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i think avram grant is just trying to generate more publicity for his team and so he can become what the media dubbed a 'colourful' character. like how jose was. :p

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nigelchin said:
i think avram grant is just trying to generate more publicity for his team and so he can become what the media dubbed a 'colourful' character. like how jose was. :p
Seems like its business as usual at "Standpoint" Bridge. The world is against us-attitude seems to be in the walls there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts